Apple iPad mini torn down: stereo speakers, screen from Samsung
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:20
If you wanted to see the Apple iPad mini from the inside you are not alone, and what’s more important - now you can…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eisenbricher posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:24 11 0
Transitioning from Samsung won't be so easy. How can Apple just ditch a large scale supplier like Samsung?
It's like requesting 100 bags of grain from a backyard gardener instead of a farmer with large fields. Seriously not easy.
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:36 2 0
I suspect Apple learned a lesson from the iP5 experience....
6. PhenomFaz posted on 01 Nov 2012, 09:04 8 0
screen from samsung???
Wh am I not surprised :)
Even Apple knows who is the best and they've got to come back to the best :)
2. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:29 5 12
Love iPad mini...
But just got a nexus 7 instead...
Check out my rate on user review on nexus 7 :)
7. iHeartApple (banned) posted on 01 Nov 2012, 09:16 3 17
You shouldn't rate nexus 7 that high, nexus is a crap and iPad is a real babe here
8. mas11 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 09:25 15 2
So you're saying it's better to have a a slower processor, half the RAM, a sub HD display and a grid of apps? Okay buddy
13. blingblingthing posted on 01 Nov 2012, 11:13 0 2
What about the lightning adapter mas11? That changed everything.
14. mas11 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 11:29 4 0
Damn forgot about that, now you don't have to worry about which way you plug it in, it has a cool name and the cable is ONLY $30!
20. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:18 0 0
Give me a $129 and it'll be just like you bought yourself an iPad mini, only with a better screen.
9. Bluesky02 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 09:47 3 0
You know the Surface Pro has Intel Ivy Bridge with Intel HD 4000 Graphic, this thing can run both Crysis 1 & 2. I've tested it and already completed both games. Something that no iPads can do. What you're getting with Surface Pro, is real power in hand. The only thing we need now, is touch optimized control for those games.
16. roldefol posted on 01 Nov 2012, 14:48 0 0
And how much will Microsoft charge for this beast? You can't compare to the iPad or other ARM-based tablets without mentioning how much more an Ivy Bridge tablet will cost.
I'm sure Steve Ballmer appreciates you advertising here though.
18. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 19:55 0 0
However much it costs, it's too much. Especially since you can't change the battery. Why doesn't any company make a tablet where the battery is interchangeable? After a couple of years, the battery will die and it'll change from tablet to paperweight.
22. bipinm posted on 02 Nov 2012, 02:34 0 0
the price of surface will be high...look what we get for that price...U say ipad charges less???
10. gallitoking posted on 01 Nov 2012, 10:14 1 3
is going to e tough for Samsung to find someone that sells that many screens, LG makes their own, HTC and Moto don't sellt eh volume Apple does...
11. wayee1 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 10:15 1 0
nexus 7 ! have better ppi, is more confortable in the hand.. is more economic have android jelly bean, for me nexus still better deal..!
12. androidornothing posted on 01 Nov 2012, 10:18 3 3
I cant wait until the Nexus 10 comes out and spits on all of these stupid tablets!!!!! Nexus 10 FTW
15. xtremesv posted on 01 Nov 2012, 14:35 0 0
Wow stereo speakers! That fully justifies the new connector and the old accessories you must throw away.
17. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 19:53 1 0
Every time PA mentions the lighting adapter I die a little. Good luck next time you run out of battery and forgot the adapter at home. Charging adapters should just be universal. I love the fact that Android uses micro usb for charging. Everyone and their mothers have one of those.
19. InspectorGadget80 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 20:40 0 0
So Apple doesn't know how to make screens or phone hard ware what a surprise
21. mydi.maus posted on 01 Nov 2012, 22:16 0 0
wow ipad mini got stereos?is it dolby digital too?or maybe surround sound?haha