Apple iPad mini specs review
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Oct 2012, 07:52
Let us see if Apple's not-that-miniature iPad has enough potential, both hardware- and software-wise, in order to compete with the mighty 7-inchers out there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. twashington4 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:05 11 0
This is a nice size for a tablet, but you just know you're going to get screwed next year when they put a Retina display in this thing. I say just wait...if your current full size IPad isn't weighing you down too much then there is no need to jump the gun on this one.
12. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:35 2 4
The reason it has an A5 is because ios doesn't need more. Am telling you from experience. My ipad 3 uses a simple A5 CPU and an extremely powerful GPU but it has never lagged and has always been very fast. Even the gpu of A5 which is an old chip is faster than tegra 3 (according to benchmarks). Ipad mini is apple first try but that doesn't mean it sucks. It's design is excellent and premium in comparison with nexus 7 that's looks really ugly.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:46 4 0
"The reason it has an A5 is because ios doesn't need more."
A6 and 1 GB of RAM in iPhone 5 is just a overdo?
15. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:47 0 2
17. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:53 0 2
But then A4 in iPhone 4 with 512 MB of RAM is also overdo because iPhone 3GS had only 256 MB of RAM, right?
Hmm, why Apple is increasing performance if iOS does not require it?
21. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 24 Oct 2012, 09:48 0 1
I meant it will be very fast and responsive even with an A5.
23. taz89 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 10:48 3 1
ios may not need it but am sure all those heavy and graphic intenisve apps will do
27. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 24 Oct 2012, 13:14 0 1
And they're gonna run beautifully on this mini ipad.
34. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Oct 2012, 00:44 1 1
true... so true... im pretty sure apple will announce iPad mini 2 with Retina display next year! with same price... $349...but i wish apple just cut it down to $299 to make it appealing...
2. prd2bsrb posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:06 11 3
Basically it's an iPad 2 with a smaller screen and a bigger price tag. Hmmmm, interesting.
8. pandaonmars posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:30 2 1
Bigger price tag? I think you'd better should've done some research before writing such comments. It's $70 cheaper than the iPad2.
30. sithvenger (banned) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 16:28 1 0
No basically it's an iPad min, with a smaller price tag. Hmmmmmm
3. Bluesky02 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:10 0 2
Love the iPad mini design and dimension. I will buy a windows 8 tablet with ipad mini copy design.
4. tiara6918 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:13 2 0
iPad mini could have been a bit more interesting if apple decided to go with a full hd retina display.
10. pandaonmars posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:32 1 0
But it would have been a huge problem for the developers once again.
5. CX3NT3_713 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:15 0 0
I went on and bought a refurbished ipad 3, price was cheap :-).. oh its for my kids ..I like android. !,, and as mentioned, wait for the ipad mini with retina display, , IMO
31. sithvenger (banned) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 16:30 1 1
Yeah rite lol. U know that iPad 3's for u.
32. CX3NT3_713 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:30 1 0
Hahaa,,, ehh,, I might pick it up, every now and then,,, ;-) lol
36. darkkjedii posted on 25 Oct 2012, 03:15 0 1
I know huh lol. It's all good.
6. prms111 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:26 1 3
common PA have some decency......it is not necessary to support even the bad aspects of isheep
7. Techsplash posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:30 0 0
I think that these features are enough for the first generation ipad mini.
19. PhoneG33k posted on 24 Oct 2012, 09:10 0 0
Typical Apple, lets start with tech from 2 years ago and work our way to today. People will line up and buy it and apple knows it, so why from a business aspect would you expect anything less. Give me one good reason why Apple would come out with guns blazing and actually give you this years tech this year. I mean come on, with todays tech we have achieved the ability to milk sheep, Cows are so 2006.
9. PhoneCritic posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:31 5 1
"In the end, the iPad mini will undoubtedly be a remarkable small tablet that has many ways of trumping its competition."
Really Ray? How could you make such a statement -as it's screen is not on par with any of the other tablets, it memory is half , it's. Size makes it very difficult to hold in one hand comfortably and the crowning difference is that it's price is way beyond that of others in its market group. All which you pointed out in your article in your own words. So I find your last statement very contracting. What ways if your artical just gave all its short comings? Don't understand.
22. Fallout09 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 10:09 2 0
Did you really expect Ray to say anything bad about an Apple product?
11. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:32 0 0
I want to see tear down of iPad 4 and iPad mini, interesting if internal parts are still based on hot glue like in New iPad (a.k.a. iPad 3).
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:39 0 0
The way iPad 3 was assembled makes replacement of battery or any other fixing works to an horror.
16. someones4 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:47 1 0
A wonderful downgrade. Apple will provide 'just enough' for its consumers. never more.
that profit margin must never be compromised
24. prms111 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 10:56 1 0
Is there anyone who can see how PA supports apple...............common guys i'm not talking as anti-apple guy but one sided policy of PA is crystal clearrr
26. omarr posted on 24 Oct 2012, 13:06 1 0
I think it is better for me to wait for next iPad mini ( more likely to be with retina display and faster processor )
28. RushFan2112 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 14:03 0 0
You forgot one GLARING difference. The WiFi version does not have GPS.
33. simonfrady posted on 24 Oct 2012, 23:04 0 0
i prefer for the next iPad Mini 2 , spec using retina display..
35. tusshharish posted on 25 Oct 2012, 01:38 0 0
cant they launch iphone 6.....................