Apple iPad mini: here are all the new features
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 14:42 posted on
The Apple iPad mini is now official. After shockingly bringing a fourth-generation iPad to the stage and making us doubt for a second the mini, it’s finally here. Deep breaths…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
That is one sweet looking piece of a machine. If I didn't have an ipad3, I'd b all over it. Nice job apple.
34. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Againso what exactly are the amazing, revolutionary and extraordinary new features that arent available in other ipad versions?
Superficial tablet for the same class of people...as a student not a feasible choice
46. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Very dissapointed at PA, this "article" looks more like an Ad for Apple
47. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
It is unfortunately!
This Victor thing is sooooooooooo apple fanboy!!!
49. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
sooo by looking at what features it has...ummm i guess its not worth buying?? aha
54. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Anyone who has any sense about them would quickly realize that this isn't suppose to replace the iPad line....
2. Savage (unregistered)
New features? All other iPads have those. So just because a tablet shrunk, they became new?
5. Savage (unregistered)
Okay here's your chance. Tell me whats new about this iPad. I'll help you fill.
1) Smaller and more portable screen - check.
12. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
If u think for one second I'm about to get into a pointless debate about this iPad, then u r absolutely nuts. All I know is my son wants one, and as good a kid as he is and his high gpa...he's got one coming.
31. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Stop going on about your son no one cares this is a tech site not a family discussion group
And your not answering his question because you cant
13. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
yep, okay so heres the choice we hopefully can make by christmas, ipad mini or Microsoft Surface?
one of them have tons of new features and the other is small... hmm this is hard!
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Exactly the ONLY new feature is that it's not a Retina display. It has a sorry 163ppi.
21. Savage (unregistered)
Funny seeing how Apple's selling point for its previous devices was the "REVOLUTIONARY RETINA DISPLAY BLAH BLAH BLAH" and now they conveniently left it out of the Mini. Bet they'll release the Mini next year with it.
30. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yeah, like 30 Jan 2013!
45. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like this is version 0.9. Wait until the next edition (2.0?) is released. That will come with Retina display and A6X chip (because the iPad 5 will be released with an A7X chip). My take away is that the Mini is a more portable e-mail and content (iBooks?) consumption iDevice.
Somehow, I really wish VZW would get off their ass and release the Note II.
3. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
how is this compared to the nexus 7 ??? just one advantage is rear camera... anything else ???
7. tedkord (Posts: 11925; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, it's got the apple logo in the back. That's all you need to know, right?
16. chronopc (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
You also get to pay $130 extra to be the envy of your neighbor.
In all honesty, people will get this cause it's an Apple product. It's just like back in the day with the iPod.
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"back in the day with the iPod"
Ermm..? Isn't this the new iPod touch L?
33. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
yes. bigger screen, bigger webpages cause of no on screen buttons, faster, and many more apps than android tabs, super lightweight.
40. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1) Nexus 7 blows iPad out of the water in terms of speed thanks to project butter.
2) On screen buttons > same circle with a square in the middle since 07
3) 250,000 apps dedicated to the iPad, while Nexus 7 has access to over 650,000 - 700,000 soon enough.
4) Super lightweight --- Size of the tab + weight is going to be awkward...
5) Lightning - OMG. WOW. Better carry your charger around because not many people have the new charger. Micro USB is adapted pretty much everywhere.
Nice try though.
53. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
1) ...no.. project butter improves responsiveness. Im talking about the A6x and the speed and graphics power you're going to get with it, so ya its more powerful than the nexus.
2) I'm not bashing the design of the on screen buttons, so you don't need to bash the home button lol
3) access to.. ya. not optimized for, which the 250,000 for the mini are optimized.
4) It's won't be awkward at all. the lighter the better. It will make it easier to hold it in one hand for long periods of time (reading, ect.)
5) didn't bring up the lightning cord, but if you want to throw that in there then have fun bashing a usb cable.
Nice try, though.
The only thing the nexus has going for it is price. It's a pretty known fact that the ipad kills android tablets. Now as for phones, thats a whole different battle. I enjoy both platforms for my smartphones.
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you do realize that there is an option in android for
1) multiple full browsers, take your pick
2) removing the top nav bar is an option on nearly every android browser, including chrome.
This was a crap advertisement for the crap tablet, and not much else. They are just trying to shine it in its best light... and it really needs it because its a pretty sad piece of tech.
8. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Wow that's one huge list of "features" .
9. 7ceez (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
Meh....I mean it's nice and all but why would I get it if I already have an idevice... Think it's time for something new and more productive.
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Number of iPad mini articles are too damn high
11. Fayeznoor (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
"Ipad Mini is great for reading your email, surfing the web, managing your photos." tim cook
few months ago, the world was told Ipad 9.7 incher is best for reading your email, surfing the web, managing your photos."
25. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Your comment said the mini is great, and the full size is best. Best means ideal, great mean excellent. Your comment failed to prove anything other than one is great, and one is ideal.