Apple iPad mini 2 delayed until 2014?
The next-iteration of the Apple iPad mini is expected to offer a Retina display screen with resolution of 2048 x 1536. In addition, Apple is producing the tablet with practically no bezel at all. Due to the delay of this model, there is talk that Apple will launch a slightly improved version of the current iPad mini to cover the holiday shopping season. This model would be lighter and thinner than the original 7.9 inch tablet with unknown improvements to its specs.
There is better news for the next version of the full sized iPad. This model is scheduled to start production in small amounts this month, with 2 to 3 million units expected to be shipped in August and September. Another 25% to 30% increase in shipments is said to be scheduled for October. This model will have the usual 9.7 inch screen. The difference will be with the thin-film touchscreen technology that will allow the slab to weigh 20% to 30% lighter than the previous full-sized model. The fifth-generation iPad will also feature a smaller bezel for a larger viewing area.
As usual, when it comes to speculation about unannounced devices, keep a skeptical eye on the details until they are confirmed by the manufacturer.
12. stealthd (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah, better to just let them get away with anything. Nothing could go wrong there.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 11013; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon apple, you have too much money for this. Hopefully this is just another rumor.
3. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I doubt it.
There's no way Apple will release 3 iPad Minis within the period of 15 months.
4. tech2 (Posts: 2024; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Why do you think so ? They did released iPad 2, 3, 4 and iPad mini a period of 18 months. So its totally possible !
5. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
delayed due to it has nothing to offer but big resolution
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 912; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Without the big resolution and with old hardware, it has outsold any single tablet model NOT named iPad.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6389; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
First having issues with the iwatch. Now the iPAd. Looks like apple seriously loose their touch.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 11013; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Loose is the opposite of tight. The word you seek is "lost", which is past tense. At least this time you didn't use "too" in place of to.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 11013; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPad mini 2, will be on time. This is simply another rumor...right apple???
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And on time prediction is a rumor right ?