Apple iPad mini 2 could outsell Apple iPad 5 if there is ample supply
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 11:05 posted on
Next Tuesday, Apple will unveil the Apple iPad 5 and the Apple iPad mini 2; according to RBC Capital Markets analyst Amit Daryanani, once the tablets go on sale, the smaller-sized iPad will outsell its larger brother by a 2 to 1 margin. The analyst expects the Apple iPad mini 2 and its 7.9 inch screen, to capture 65% of all new iPad sales with the 9.7 inch model capturing the remaining 35%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. greathero1 (Posts: 564; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Im with you on this one. It's going to be a great holiday season for me. Mini 2 and Sony Xperia Z1 if TMobile releases it. If not, Nexus 5 it is!!!
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
T-Mobile will carry the Z1 I can guarantee you that.
17. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I'll definitely be getting one also... to resell because all the iDiots out there that will pay a hefty price tag over the holidays if they are indeed limited.
2. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
In other news....the sky is blue! No sh!t the cheaper of the 2 would sell more, this is not the 5Same and 5Cheap. There is zero advantage other than screen size to getting the full size iPad when they both do the same thing and are made of the same material. Apple is finally learning.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
In terms of speed and stability, the larger iPad will always be better than the iPad Mini. Idk what you're smoking but you should stop soon.
8. Tommy1960i (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
In my opinion everything with ''Mini'' in the name is cheaper and not as good as original.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well that's a given. The only exception is the Z1 F. Props to Sony for putting a S800 with a 4.3" screen.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
So my is the only exception every other mini device is a downgrade.
Galaxy mini, HTC one mini both bad compared to the real phone.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How is the larger iPad(5) going to be more stable or faster than the Mini 2? They are supposed to be fitted with the same SoC, same RAM, same (Work-In-Progress) OS, and, and, and. Where is the added speed and stability coming from?
Not making an issue. Just trying to understand your reasoning.
14. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Exactly what i'm trying to say. The bump in speed and stability (if any) is minor compared to the price difference. The average user will only see the price vs screen size and make their decision that way.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You really think Apple is going to put a A7X chip in the iPad Mini 2? Lol keep dreaming.
3. Finalflash (Posts: 3093; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
That is why there will be a convenient shortage of the iPad mini 2. And those who want to wait will give up and by an iPad 5. They've been preparing us for months for shortages, why not deliver on them?
4. Sakeem (Posts: 461; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
"Might never get launched???" Highly unlikely. Only if Mr. Jobs were around. The mini will get launched and it will be a big hit, provided the screen is updated as expected, and it will eat into the full size ipad sales. No way around it.
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2184; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Apple is no stranger to disruption, even if their own product sales get cannibalized (iPod by iPhone). Since the Mini was the better seller last year, I expect they will embrace that and just load up the Mini 2 with all the good bits of the iPad 5 (Screen, A7x), and just let the market shake out however it does.
13. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I'd take the Mini 2 over the iPad 5 any day. It will be less expensive and I find the size of the Mini to be ideal.