Apple iPad event to be held October 22nd
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 16:24 posted on
We've known for a while from various rumors that Apple's expected announcement date for the newest iPad and iPad mini would be held this month. The rumors had pointed to sometime in the middle of the month, and now we have a credible report from AllThingsD saying that Apple has scheduled the iPad event for October 22nd...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
2. xplayer57 (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Really APPLE ! Its the same day my result gets announced.........f**k this date........:@
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple get ready to shut up and take her money. 32 gig white and gold, with cellular data. Daddy likey
4. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Really wishing Apple would come through with a black-and-gold version. As it stands I'll be getting a space-gray Mini.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That color scheme would rock, but since I missed out in my gold 5S...I'm getting a gold mini. +1
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Maybe a black back plate, but the chamfered edge and metal ring around the Touch ID are gold. Very small accents, but it would give it a very nice appeal without looking gaudy. The leaked iPad mini's gold color looked a bit deeper and more rich than that of the 5S, I don't really like that, so it's either silver or space grey for me. I'm leaning towards the silver because Apple hasn't really done a great job of anodizing aluminum in the past and the color would chip off (at least for the first batches).
25. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
pple bought you, like a prostitute
8. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
wont come close to nexus 10 and Note 10.1 2014
18. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Close how? If by close you mean because the iPad far exceeds, then yeah. Not close to them at all.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exactly. Until Android gets more tablet app optimization, the iPad is king. It's all about the experience.
9. volcano (Posts: 348; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
same date as Nokia world event in abu Dhabi and everyone expecting nokia tablet on that event
Apple Trolling Nokia
12. Chaseism (Posts: 82; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I'm kind of pumped about this one. The iPad 4 was kind of a cop out...too much like the iPad 3 than a newer version. Personally, I'm more existed about an iPad mini with Retina Display than the iPad 5.
27. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
man i can't wait... got the 32GB version on my mind
14. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Ooooh... I wonder what Apple has up their sleeve's this time!
15. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I think the only question is retina iPad mini. And if so what price? If not it would look embarrassing to release the same resolution mini.
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They usually keep the same price point for new iPads. If I remember correctly, when the iPad 3 came out it was the same price as the iPad 2 was, despite the Retina display. I expect them to keep the same pattern with the mini.
16. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I might get the new iPad mini for my wife if she likes it. I have a nexus 7 2013 and love it.
19. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
My eyes on that new iPad Mini. Guaranteed a pre-order from me if its packing an A7 and higher resolution display! :) Also as a side note, thanks Apple for announcing the day before my birthday ^_^ last year they did it on the day hehe.
20. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Yet another oversized ipod touch lol.
28. slavytodorov (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Is the iPad 5 going to be more expensive than its predecessor? I certainly hope not! :(