Apple iPad bought at Walmart turns out to be nothing but notepads
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Oct 2012, 00:17
Did you hear the one about the 15 year-old girl whose Mom brought home an Apple iPad for her daughter's birthday? When the box was opened, instead of the latest and greatest iteration of Apple's tablet, inside was a package of notepads...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2012, 02:15 13
There are still some people who know better than Apple how to get ridiculously high margin LOL.
2. samystic posted on 13 Oct 2012, 00:29 21
Apple should patent this fraud before other manufacturer 'copies' it
13. ipadnote posted on 13 Oct 2012, 02:57 15
If those girl open the ipad and got samsung galaxy note instead, Apple will SUE samsung.
24. PapaSmurf posted on 13 Oct 2012, 06:58 10
Samsung is Apple's biggest rival?
Samsung's flagship is the Galaxy Note?
Apple loves suing Samsung for anything?
You need a sense of humor.
26. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 07:19 0
I have one, but this isn't the article for it. Sometimes seriousness is needed.
32. Nadr1212 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 10:07 1
YOUR MOM IS LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
42. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 12:02 0
Nahhh she's not
33. Nadr1212 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 10:09 0
YOUR MOM IS LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
34. Nadr1212 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 10:10 0
What the hell!?!? I meant those 2 comments for 23' not whoever got yhem
18. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 06:13 0
DarkKnight that was very lame. How would they feel if that was their money, and their little girl? I'd b ready to fight, and sue over it.
29. TheDarkKnight (banned) posted on 13 Oct 2012, 07:53 0
I was talking about patenting the method of cheating customers- that was lame. What wallmart is worth suing. The guy who bought this ipad must bring wallmart down!
47. samystic posted on 13 Oct 2012, 16:47 0
sarcasm intended... hard to understand?
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Oct 2012, 00:32 8
that manger should be fired! no doubt........this is funny as hell but at the same time I WOULD BE PISEED AS HELL!!
19. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 06:21 1
Very pissed, I remember when the iPad 2 was sold out. This lady had one sealed, I told her I'd meet her at a safe place cuz she wanted 700 for a 32gig, which was 655 after tax n Vegas. I said cool she's not trying to get an insane profit, but she didn't wanna unseal it just incase I didn't buy, cuz it would appear used. I said look ms. I'm not gonna give u 700$ get home, and there's a hunk of metal in here...I'm screwed, luckily she let me open it and it was an actual iPad 2 but I did make her let me power it up just to b sure. Shocking that this could happen n Walmart though.
5. ajac09 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 00:39 12
only at walmart anyone remember the nintendo DS soap that someone got for christmas a few years ago? or the psp with the gay porn returned on it? lol
8. chiang41 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 01:06 1
this happen to me b4 I bought a cd-rom from frys after few days I open the box it was a used old cd rom inside, so I believe we should always open the item before you leave the parking lot.
10. Borrie69 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 01:38 5
In the military s**t like this happens all the time, thus why before I leave the Exchange (Be in the Navy, Army, Airforce or Marines) I always check my stuff to make sure i am not ripped off. Also I do it by the door where there is video camera's so if i am ripped off they can check their security feed and see me opening up to being frauded.
12. ilia1986 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 02:38 10
That girl should be thankful. Walmart actually gave her something useful instead of what she originally intended to buy! :)
17. lyndon420 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 06:12 3
Yeah...if there was a map in there she would have been alright.
40. DeviantDroid posted on 13 Oct 2012, 11:35 1
Would have probly got her where she needed to go better then Apple Map...
22. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 06:27 0
U'd b pissed to find yourself in that situation bro. If u had a child saddened by this, u'd be even more pissed.
27. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 07:21 0
Once again I have one, but this isn't the article for it. Sometimes seriousness is needed
31. chaoticrazor posted on 13 Oct 2012, 08:47 3
lighten up, your acting like this kid got attacked or something, its not like she's doing that bad for a start she can afford an ipad so why should we feel sorry for her?
this is funny as hell, sure if it happened at xmas bit of a kick in the teeth but it didnt
41. DeviantDroid posted on 13 Oct 2012, 11:37 1
If this happened at Christmas this could have been an even more Epic story!!!
44. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 12:10 2
Yeah really huh? Xmas has the camera out to capture the moment and voila. BAMMM!!!
28. JeffdaBeat posted on 13 Oct 2012, 07:31 2
This actually happened at an Apple Store here. Basically, you buy the iPad or iPod, take it home, and remove the Apple product our and replace it with something of similar weight. Shrink wrap the box and take it back to the store. When the specialist sees that the seal isn't broken, they simply put it back on the shelf for sale again. You get your Apple product and your money back and someone else gets a brick or notebook.
37. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Oct 2012, 11:02 0
o yea, keep the process going right? smh and put someone else through this hassle right? naaa i think you should just tell them yo ass got ripped off like the women did and hopefully the manager isnt as much of an asshole like the one she faced so you can just get what the hell you paid for!
43. darkkjedii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 12:08 1
Man next time I buy something, I'm opening it rite then and there. U, and Jeff got me nervous now lol
30. kingpet13 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 08:27 0
Does anyone else see mostly code for the entire article? The source is all code. Also, aren't you suppossed to close a break tag like this, not just write which it says in the code thatis visible in the article?
35. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2012, 10:17 4
First mistake was going to Walmart.
39. DeviantDroid posted on 13 Oct 2012, 11:34 0
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA Thats good stuff!!!! What kind of Processor does that iPad have?
45. roscuthiii posted on 13 Oct 2012, 13:20 3
I think the funniest part for me is that Alan called Walmart reputable.
46. DeviantDroid posted on 13 Oct 2012, 14:11 2
Yeah no doubt.... reputable... You have to have a good reputation to be reputable.... Like this comment if you hate having to shop at walmart....
48. alxcsb posted on 13 Oct 2012, 18:59 1
Mind you, those notepads are more value for money anyway. :D
49. theo14461 posted on 13 Oct 2012, 20:49 1
Walmart managers suck A$$, they hire Indians, because they know how to save a buck.