Apple iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina Display drop tests
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2013, 02:17 posted on
The new iPad Air and the iPad mini 2 with Retina Display sport the same slick 7.5mm thin bodies, while the 9.7-incher is record light to boot, at least in its category. The new iPads are still crafted out of aluminum, though, so dropping them should be more stressful on the internals and the screen than if they were made out of plastic as most other tablets, right?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Gorilla glasssucks I would rather have plastic that scratches than this crap
3. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
it will shock you!
4. xfire99 (Posts: 471; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
That day a tablet/smartphone dont get the screen cracked when dropping like that on concrete and I say its real innovation.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I thought that day was here with LG's and Samsung's flexible displays. If you can apply pressure to the curved LG phone without breaking it I would "assume" that a drop test would not break the glass (or what ever their using) from a normal height.
9. xfire99 (Posts: 471; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Those are just are just curved display and not Samsungs YOUM or LGs "flexible oled display" (whatever it gonna be called).
=is+lg+flex+g+OLED%3F&safe=off &client=firefox-a&hs=Cb8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&source=lnms&tbm=is ch&sa=X&ei=GZ2GUumbJqvq4wSg24G IBA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&b ih=1010#q=youm&rls=org.mozilla :sv-SE%3Aofficial&safe=off&tbm=isc h
7. jeroome86 (Posts: 61; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
If you drop glass on concrete it will break.
8. KenJr (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Nobody is his or her right mind will carry around a tablet of any kind that is not in a protective case. My iPad Mini Retina will arrive Tuesday. I paid an extra $69 for Apple's leather case and cover.
How about a real world drop test using a protective, but not bulky, case and cover (for instance the one I've ordered from Apple).
11. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I've seen old ladies taking pictures with their iPads - no covers - at weddings. I chuckle everytime, yo.
10. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Better use some plastic cover to better protect the glass and back... Oh, wait.