Apple iPad 5 will be more compact, coming with less side bezel
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 03:27 posted on
The Apple iPad 5 will come with a screen with thinner side bezel. Images of the front panel of the upcoming fifth generation Apple tablet have leaked out…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 527; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I love the fabricated outcry Samsung devices receive for looking redundant when both the iPhone and iPad haven't changed in 3 years. Love Internet techie logic.
8. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Coz they are not available in every screen size possible between 3 inches to 13 inches
18. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I don't mind having choices, actually its a good strategy and the consumer gains. I was answering his question.
17. JMartin22 (Posts: 527; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
So variety is bad how? You obviously don't fathom marketing used in tandem with comparative design language to sell brand of products. Whether or not the products are worth purchasing is irrespective.
26. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
The difference is one looks incredibly cheap and outdated while the other has incredible fit and finish and made of nice material. Also how many versions of the iPad and iPhone ha e there been total? Maybe less than one years worth of "galaxy" product. Point being when you flood the market with cheap looking products it tends to draw more atention
19. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Torn between the next iPad or next Surface Pro. Mainly I need browsing and games.
28. nlbates66 (Posts: 170; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
hmmm well, is being able to play diablo III or path of exile (can play path of exile fairly well with a stylus) on a tablet of any benefit or bonus to you? How about attaching a keyboard and adding a mouse to play other proper PC games? if that's yay for you then get a Windows tablet with a stylus and Core i5 processor, but if nay I suppose get an Android tablet (heh sorry, iPad if you REALLY want it).
37. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I meant casual gaming, mainly strategy games, like civ v, fifa manager etc.. Not android only coz of the fragmentation issues i suffer already from, else nexus 7 is a no brainer.
29. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
bro get the iPad... windows still have a year or two before that tablet is put together the proper way.
I'm with you tho.
38. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I think next year they'll come out with a breakthrough product, 3rd gen that is
21. amiaq (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Does it come with the same iOS like 3 years ago? yes.. pass
22. haim_04 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
yeah, but android was changed so much in a last few years... i've used android for about 3 months and all i can say is:"give me back smooth and stable iOS"
24. haim_04 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
of course I am, were* btw... and that customization is a real bullsh*t which almost nobody use, I don't want to spend my day killing apps and cleaning my phone from garbage
30. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
right on man! speak the truth!
all tech aside... nobody is "customizing" as people in here seem to brag about... its probably only a very small percentage of people who actually use android in that manor.
33. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
hahaha look up the website mycolorscreen...that is customisation! And obviously you have no idea what to come back with so you insult my grammar...you obviously havent tested android to the full...
25. amiaq (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
.. never like Apple offering,the tablet is too big and the phone is too small, the OS is too boring, the itunes is too restricted.
27. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
If you are talking tablet then yes I too would prefer an apple product over an android. The app store kills the play store in tablet specific apps/games. If you are talking phones there is no way in hell I'd pick apple over android
31. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Been waiting to upgrade my iPad 2 to this bad boy for the longest!!!
34. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lmao at how ifans ALWAYS forget the market share of android tabs currently. Apple is falling. And as far as the customization being irrelevant is highly bs and is a weak fanboy excuse to try and down android. If android customization is so weak than why is Ios slowly beginning to be like android and don't get me started on jailbreak features for Ios that are inspired by ANDROID.
35. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
dude from a consumer's world... android phones are inexpensive on contract. you saw the sprint ad for buy 1 get 1 free Galaxy S4's? come on.
Customization is cool, YES. Android is awesome for that but to base an arguement on changing your phone around is stupid because most regular people dont.
On top of that, the market is flooded with android options. Of course people will grab an android phone before an iPhone.
Jailbreaks and Roots are inspired by each other. I'm sure in a month you'll see a Cynogen mod of the control center feature in ios7.
36. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
And thats the reason android is about customization. And they already have Ios7 themes for android. Just not free. You don't need a rom for stuff like that most of the time