Apple iPad 5 aluminum back housing leaks, confirms iPad mini-like redesign
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 06:39 posted on
The rear aluminum housing of the upcoming fifth-generation iPad has just leaked out and it confirms that the device will indeed come redesigned to look like the iPad mini…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nothing better to contribute? Like how the redesign might result in a lighter iPad5? Or, that having stereo speakers is a nice improvement?
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's not surprising. Apple designs are always same.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 19777; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sooo you tell him to get out from here, then you start the war. Pot just called the kettle black.
28. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Why is saying their designs are always the same a bad thing? Apple's been the leader in industrial-tablet design ever since the release of the first iPad, only a few others have even come close. If there's one thing Apple SHOULDN'T change about the iPad, it's the design.
I'm not sure he was trying to start a war, he was simply stating a fact.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 19777; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I feel you commentator and respect your post, but why tell the other guy to get out from here? He then makes a statement that could be taken as starting a flame war.
9. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
What were you waiting for? Hundred millions of people love (or at least like) that design...they won´t change it in a while.
11. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
same sa Samsung. same design. copied from apple.
24. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
It's this years meme, everyone that's a devoted blind follower of the OS has to repeat it as frequently as possible. Doesn't matter there's no truth to it, just keep repeating it over and over....
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 19777; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If the iPad 5 takes on the minis looks, it's gonna be a knockout. Big brother is already pretty powerful, but a facelift is needed. Lets see what ya got apple, fall approaches.
26. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
iPad maxi looks better with a uniform bezel, iPad mini requires the smaller bezel since it's actually compact which is not a issue with a maxi. Apple is like chickens with their heads cut off since Steve died.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 19777; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok. That made no sense at all, but ok.
6. fistigons (Posts: 329; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I've been using the first gen ipad for 3 years now and would like to switch to an Android tablet, but I keep hearing that there aren't a lot of apps for tablets.
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You might want to spend some time on the Play store and see if there are similar tablet-enabled apps to the ones you use on your OG iPad. Relying on a third party assertion (that there aren't many apps for Android tablets) seems kind of shallow.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is English a second language for you?
25. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Actually, yes, it is. Nothing in that comment was negative, trollish, or the like but it was full of good advice.
29. trustory (Posts: 132; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
android automatically scales the app to whatever screen size the device has
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 19777; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Totally with you on loving the iPad and buying it, but both get malware. Always look to avoid a flame war, android is a great platform IMHO.
17. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Looking forward to buying the next iPad - had my 3rd gen for 18 months now and anything that's lighter is a plus is my book. Plus i love the iPad mini design, gorgeous bit of kit.
21. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
While I'm not a fan of Apple AT ALL, I can appreciate that this is still a very nice tablet. It's always been a nice tablet, however it's the PRICE that I can't stomach. I don't see a reason to pay $600 for a pad that doesn't really do anything more than pads at half the price.
My daughters both have the latest iPads and while I would have got them both Android pads, it was a gift so I had no choice. They LOVE their pads, and it has easily been one of the best gifts they've ever been given.. though both have said that Android pads would have been just fine too, just happens that my father bleeds Apple Juice.
Having said all that.. this looks like a good update for the iPad. I cannot stand big chunky bezels so if they can slim them down as they did on the iPad mini, this will be a great revision. What would make this an even better update is if they can shave a lot of weight off. One thing I notice is that while using the current model, it's HEAVY.
Nice update.. I hope the Android OEMS follow suit and also start shrinking the bezels!
22. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Hopefully, it still has the feel of sturdiness behind that i kinda miss with the more fragile-feeling mini.
32. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
looks nice, but in my opinion i think the front needs a facelift.