Apple iPad 5 & iPad mini 2 rumor round-up: release date, price and features
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 09:27 posted on
With the year drawing to an end, some of you may be falsely mislead into thinking that there's nothing left to look forward to as the holidays approach. This is one of thew few times that you're lucky to be wrong, for if nothing else – we still have the iPad 5 on our radar...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll be waiting to pick this puppy, and a mini2 up too. Bring em on apple.
3. saffant (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
I never understood fanboys; still don't, and i don't think I ever will.
6. bucky (Posts: 2145; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
So he is a fanboy because he said he is buying an iPad ?
I think true fanboys get hurt when someone chooses something other than what they like. Perfect example is you actually
16. saffant (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Nope. Not at all actually. In fact I get "hurt" when I hear people blinding parading behind some company that only cares about their $$. Trust me.. I hold the same stance (in terms of enthusiasm and "bias") for Apple or Google or Samsung or anyone really.
If you read his other posts, it's quite evident that he's quite a big Apple fanboy. Why? I'm not sure. Now if he just liked their products, then that's fine, but he tends to antagonize Android WHICH makes him a fanboy for Apple lol.
27. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
yes I'm apple fanboy,But Darkk says the truth,I totally Appreciate whatever he says,If you just look at post #15 you'll realize that what you said is off-the-wall
21. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and he got 8 likes for hating on darkk? where they do that at?
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol g2g, it doesn't even matter lol. See post #7 bro. +1
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
He have the same iPad from last year.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I couldn't care less what you don't understand. My wife and I want em, my wife and I are getting em. Understand that troll.
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1354; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I guess he wants you to pick a Xoom or a plastic Nexus 7.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, and those are good tablets, but we want what we want. What's wrong with that, ya know? +1
18. saffant (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Of course not. If you're buying a tablet, it depends on your needs. If you're buying for multimedia purposes, then iPad is a disaster.
However, for apps, iPad takes the cake.. without a doubt.
22. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hell yeah haha let darkk buy what he wants... geez! i guess in a perfect world we all should have android devices.
28. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
My comment's main objective is in your comment,((Let people buy what they want))..you're not hitler lol
17. saffant (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
That's great, but perhaps go easy on the Android hate.
12. amats69 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So in that case...You will never understand yourself.....
2. bucky (Posts: 2145; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I have been waiting for a better version of the mini. My iPad 3 is still good but monopolized by my wife now :/
Better get used to that dark lol
4. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The best tablet of the year! So beautiful! So sexy! iPad 5 ftw
5. Commentator (Posts: 3139; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You can tell this article was written by someone other than Alan because it doesn't mention colors.
The black iPad Mini is the best looking tablet I've ever seen. If they ditch that for "Space" Gray I'll be deeply and emotionally SCARRED.
9. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I was really looking forward to upgrading my ipad this year, but I don't think I can handle ios7. Finally saw it in person and I'm sure most people love its just not my cup of tea. Maybe it's Apple offers a different theme or skin later on, but for now... Is gonna be the Note 10.1 this Christmas.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 16960; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think the note 10.1 will be a great tablet, enjoy it WM.
19. geekpilot (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Personally, Apple will need to do a bit more than shave off a few millimeters and add a faster chip to persuade me to shell out several hundred dollars to upgrade from the iPad 3 that I only bought 18 months ago, and which I'm quite happy with. A few features that I'd like to see:
1. Ability to add a keyboard dock (not a Bluetooth keyboard that requires a separate charger)
2. An embedded stylus with a fine tip to enable accurate sketches and drawings. I find the fat tip styluses currently available infuriating to use.
3. Embedded SD card support
4. Ability to add a bluetooth mouse or trackpad, for those of us who use the iPad with a keyboard and find it awkward when doing so to use touch gestures for certain activities.
5. A centralized file system that makes it easier to share files between apps
I realize that Apple is unlikely ever to offer any of these options, but doesn't stop me dreaming.
20. jack123 (Posts: 162; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
That's not happening, the way you described just like u want macbook touch and can run the same app as ipad.
26. fistigons (Posts: 269; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
If there is no retina display for the new mini, you should buy the old mini for a cheaper price. Or a Nexus 7.
29. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
IPad 5 - A7 64-Bit chip, 2 GHz Dual Core Chip, Quad Core GPU (Power VR 6 Series) Touch ID, Slightly Bigger Battery, 1 Gb RAM, 32Gb, 64Gb, 128 Gb, 8 MP Camera, LTE band 13, Wi-fi a/b/g/n, Ratina Display
Ipad Mini - A6, 32-Bit chip, 1.4 GHz Dual Core, Pover VR 5 Series, Touch ID, Slightly Bigger Battery,1 Gb RAM, 16 Gb, 32 Gb, 64 Gb, 5 MP Camera, LTE band 13, Wi-fi a/b/g/n, Ratina Display
30. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1452; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I would put my money on A7X chip for the iPad 5, with improved GPU and memory channels.
I agree on the rest.
32. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
they should call this site apple arena, not a hater . just would like a site that is a little objective about all the products. they announce the new ipad like its the second coming. phone arena you have loss a lot of respect from anyone who knows electronics.
34. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Getting sick of seeing that the mini wont have a retina display. It would make no since to upgrade if it didn't..