Apple iPad 4 shockingly official: double the performance with A6X chip
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 12:57 posted on
We came to see the iPad mini, but Apple has shockingly stunned us with a new 4th generation 9.7-inch iPad…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I was half-expecting "the new new ipad" and "the old ipad mini" but ipad gen4 puts them back into the ipod category, which is what these silly things actually are
67. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
so how would people know that I have bought The New New iPad ? lol
and also would it be called The New New iPad or The New iPad Fourth Genration ?
Oh man.. apple is playing catch up and with each new product they are actually falling behind the competition... yeah i know its gonna sell well but i can already feel that Its the begining of The End.
32. Savage (unregistered)
I'm truly shocked. Okay, so basically Apple just released an iPad 3 with newer cores and the new lightning adapter. THAT'S IT? Nothing else? No new features? I'm thinking Apple will stop bringing out something new in the market and keep continuing refreshing their older products. Comparing to this, iPhone 5 was a huge announcement.
41. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Funny, though, how the old "New iPad" is now iSlow and iObsolete!!
They've got a great scAm going!! Kudos Apple!!!
94. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
at least they made it the same price.... if they made it more expensive id just get even more mad about apple's continuing money whoring
61. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Well I am f**ked up now from Apple's same crap again and again. Sorry but this is true.
And today Phonearena would be turning into iPhonearena :(
79. sarb009 (Posts: 307; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
what do u mean by today phonearena is gonna turn to be iPhonearena ??? man it always was, is and will be forever.
83. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Victors excitement is going waaaaaay overboard.
We all saw this coming because.....
Totally "shockingly stunning"
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
This has to be the surprise of today's event. I may buy this. Can't believe I'm saying I'll buy an Apple product.
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Just before a barrage of thumbs down starts, the second and third sentences are intended as sarcasm.
12. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Do you think I'll buy any Apple product until they stop overpricing them?
14. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I couldn't say. I wouldn't buy anything apple not just on price, but on principle and performance as well.
the "/s" would have been a useful addition to your post (#3) if you're serious about being sarcastic
17. 90ninjas (unregistered)
I see what you did there...
84. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I pressed the comment button a bit early.
42. DeVianTiCoN (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Because thumbs down on the internet really matter..
45. structureman116 (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
I can't say I will not buy an Apple product. I just bought a Macbook Pro about 2 months ago. I love their computers, but their tablets, phones and iOS are such crap compared to Android that I will never consider buying one.
87. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Well, I'm considering buying the iMac, should be a good companion to the Windows PC and Nexus 7 (which I'll buy if its launched in India) and NL920.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
wow, i was actually surprised. this hardly happens at these kinds of announcements anymore...
5. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
ipod touch XXL.
Still a handicapped media player masquerading as something with capabilites like a computer, but in reality no where close.
11. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
$500 for a 16 GB handheld gaming .. thing? Talk about overpriced.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Now let's get ready for iPhonearena's barrage of Aplle "articles" to the exclusion of everything else...
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, this means a really beastly gaming potential.. significant more power than in current consoles I dare to say..looking forward seeing how good can games look on this.
20. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Power is pointless without storage and expandability. Why spend $500+ on something that can be done better on a PS Vita and PS3 instead if you want gaming? Or, if portable gaming is what you want, a Windows 8 tab would be a much better choice, as it can run legacy games and future ones as well, with much more going for them than anything for a glorified ipod
10. 90ninjas (unregistered)
So less than a year later they already release a successor to their 3rd generation iPad which people flocked to... Good job, Apple. Tiny incremental upgrades are the way to go as long as you get your money huh?
16. tahnik (Posts: 188; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
So they want us to buy their tablet every 8 month?
46. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Nobody make you buy any product every 8 month. Maybe you did not use it the right way. Just stupid people will do that. Electronic device goes obsolete in one year after manufacture warrant ended.
18. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
it would be so funny if they introduced the iPhone 6 today lol
23. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
I was genuinely expecting a retina display. Would much rather keep my sharper Nexus 7. I'm sure we can agree the iPad 2 and iPad mini's screens are horrific.
24. mrllano (Posts: 91; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
My ipad is 3 weeks old.. I should have known they will announce the 4th gen.. I just wasted my money for this slower 3rd gen ipad
30. nwright94 (unregistered)
It still runs fine doesn't it? It didn't all the sudden die because of an announcement of a new one did it? Yes, it sucks, but you've still got a fully functional tablet that'll be supported and updated for years to come.
80. mrllano (Posts: 91; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Yeah.but it really makes me feel outdated.. Anyways. I love my jailbroken ipad.. I wont get that now on ipad 4 because of ios6..
81. nwright94 (unregistered)
Don't feel outdated, the A5X still has loads of power and performance :)
25. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I cant wait for 29th its going to b more innovative than this... Apple isn't catching my curiosity any more...
26. korean411 (Posts: 78; Member since: 04 May 2009)
i don't know what is more dumb apple shooting their customers who bought the ipad 3 with retina display or releasing the ipad mini about 6 months after ipad 3. the tech on it is good the price is ok but the nexus 7 is still cheaper with about the same configuration if the ipad mini was like same price as the nexus then sure it a go by but it isn't is priced at 329 for 16gb. At this point apple is getting really arrogant cause they will know people will buy an ipad mini. Some apple fans like my friends i know are getting really mad on the direction that tim cook is taking them and literally saying what in the hell is apple doing but we will see. leave comments on what you think and take on this.
47. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why not motorola did it with the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX
27. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
apple is under pressure ....because compitition increases tooooo much .....that is why they announced it..............
40. korean411 (Posts: 78; Member since: 04 May 2009)
i agree apple is facing the most pressure they ever have. i believe in my mind and will put on money on it is that apple is legitimately pressured and scared because the nexus 7 and maybe the kindle hd are serious competitors so in a way it is an answer the competition in their minds.
28. prd2bsrb (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Surface Pro all the way. Cannot come soon enough. IPad is such a useless device. I have the iPad 2 and barely find any use for it except my 3 year old son watching cartoons and after the iOS 6 update poor kid got confused because he can't find the Youtube app anymore. Oh and Lumia 920 Hurry up please. Soooooo bored of the iPhone i feel sick every time i look at it.
29. zvioocge (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nice one apple,2 ipad's in 6 month,hahah
it'll be nicer if they named this Ipad 3f**kING-GS
IPAD mini,sucks,similar ipod touch 5g with bigger screen and lower resolution,same chipset,gpu and others
31. Aeires (unregistered)
It's official, Apple now releases products faster than Android OEMs do. Seriously, the iPad3 just came out and now they already have it's replacement.
33. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's still the same looks, iOS and without expandability. I'm sure 100% that I'm not going to buy it.
55. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
You know you just put "expandability" and "iOS" in the same sentence?... = oxymoron
34. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
cant they launch iphone 6 instead of this......
35. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
How the heck people are going to know which iPad are they buying? They look the same. Will they have to trust the seller? Will they have to start memorizing serial numbers? Apple is out innovating ideas.
36. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
With the arrival of W8 tablets (also with new x86) and the Nexus 10 on a market where exists already Nexus7 and Kindle the iPad mini is just too late. Apple is losing traction. Few will shed a tear.
37. superguy (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
"The new tablet also adds a Lightning connector instead of the (not so) good old 30-pin connector. It also has faster Wi-Fi connectivity and expanded LTE. Otherwise, the device is pretty much identical to the iPad third generation."
Which was pretty much identical to the second generation which was pretty much identical to the first generation.
I love how Apple manages to make incremental updates the "next big thing." Probably maximizes profit my keeping actual design costs to a minimum.
39. structureman116 (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
I was thrown off by them calling it the ipad 4. I was definitely expecting The New Ipad 2! When is the ipad 4 available? Is the ipad 5 going to be released just before the Christmas holiday?
43. rabeck (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Sep 2008)
I can't beleive your all complaining about getting a new Apple iPad so soon,,,,,you get new Android devices every month