Apple iPad 4 is now officially the tablet with most internal storage as 128 GB version goes on sale
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:46
Pricing is on par with the storage, and the Wi-Fi variant will net you $799, which is nearing Ultrabook territory, and still less than the $900 Surface Pro with the same storage, of which you have much less as user-available...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:48 6 31
Plenty of storage space for the best tablet in the market.
11. hung2900 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:31 21 4
Ok buy it as quick as you can and next month Apple will release the newer iPad and cut $100 of the older new iPad, and then iSheeps will get trolled.
13. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:41 18 2
Indeed, plenty of space for emptiest brain in PA to fill.
2. p5yb0rg (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:50 24 1
same old os with the same old design.. how about something more than just bumped up storage, Apple?
22. cezarepc posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:19 16 1
If your device has an SD card slot in the first place then there's no need for giant (expensive) storage. You'll just fill it with multimedia anyway and SD cards can do that.
3. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:52 19 1
*I DONT CARE BECAUSE I CAN PLUG IN MY EXTERNAL HD TO MY ANDROID TABLET...
4. infinitemethod posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:55 14 0
Haha what a waste of money. Apple, give the fanboi's something! Anything at this point that is different. Every single mobile device they make looks the exact same. Hahahah! Crying shame.
5. slaggyb posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:04 15 0
How is pricing on par with storage? This is just ridiculous...
31. Nobuga posted on 06 Feb 2013, 00:09 0 0
Indeed, makes no sense. Only brainless people buys iGarbage.
6. _Bone_ posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:11 0 1
I support this 100%, but it should be the Nexus 7 way where they simply double storage for the same price range. As a matter of fact, no fullHD device should kick off under 64gigs considering the insane bitrate videos at that resolution require, not to mention your stored music, multimedia files, 13MP photos, games and navigation stuff before we even get to having free space for occasional file transfers, movies or family videos.
Why carry an extra storage device around? The first company that will start their product range with an about $25 costing 64GB NANDFLASH will make millions of new customers.
7. tashreef posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:11 0 1
finally apple did something better then other manufacturer .....hah...
this is a real difference ...
8. ilia1986 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:16 17 3
So much storage.
So little to do with it.
So much to pay for it.
It's like adding more fried potatoes to an overcooked smelly bony steak. It won't make up to the fact that the steak sucks big time.
9. GhettoSquid posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:23 4 0
If you want to get into the technical details, the 128 GB iPad 4 is a non-x86 tablet with the biggest NAND internal storage. The Archos 5 is a 4.8" Android tablet made nearly 3 years ago and was available with 500 GB of storage, albeit it basically had a 2.5" laptop HDD in it. Many of the Windows 7/8 tablets made within the last year already offers 128 GB of internal storage as well.
10. chaoticrazor posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:23 15 1
archos 101 g9 has a 250gb hardrive so technically wouldnt that be the tablet with the most internal memory
12. VJo003 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:33 1 3
Good to see 128 GB
Now hopefully the next Nexus will double that
Keep raising the bar apple
14. L3610n posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:43 2 0
Not true. If this was the case then I must be imagining my Acer w700 windows 8 pro tablet with an i5 processor which also has 128 gb of internal storage, which I am using right now to type this.
15. L3610n posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:45 0 0
16. jacko1977 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:54 0 1
well what about android tablets with 64GB and 64GB microSD card so this largest amount of internal memory is now officially the iPad 4 is not true microSD is still internal it goes in the tablet
19. tward291 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:58 4 0
Phonearena why are you lieing, do some research before you post this crap. I count at lease 2 tablets that have 128Gb on it. Also be for you bash the surface pro it runs PC software its been explained you can easily off load the recovery partition to and external hard drive to get your space back. For the love of God get off apples nuts.
25. yougotkilled1 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 10:26 13 0
Right?? That's a surface pro price where you can run real 3rd party apps on it. What a waste....
21. rusticguy posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:06 12 0
Not for Long. Samsung will steal the limelight soon in this regard ... also.
23. bubbadoes posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:28 15 0
and still uses the same boring ios 6.1 as a $200 ipod touch, and is the most expensive tablet across any platform.
24. bubbadoes posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:30 12 0
wow. you could get a brand new refurbished mac pro for this price--by adding a couple of hundred dollars more...what is apple thinking
26. antmiu2 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 21:20 0 0
i cant believe the cheapest ipad starts at 500 bucks
27. phljcnth posted on 05 Feb 2013, 21:30 0 0
Doesn't make sense especially that you can't just put files easily to it. Congrats for having the most internal storage, but still the most expensive.
28. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2013, 23:30 0 0
Lemme yawn first, 64 gigs of class 10 microSD costs just well under 35 bucks compared to Apple's asking premium., 64+64 = 128......just sayin
29. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2013, 23:39 0 0
For $800 you can buy a fast i3 laptop (or a good enough gaming desktop) with plenty of storage space to boot and a mid priced smartphone like the Nexus 4 or the Nexus 7 for portability.... Wow...Apple, seriously???
30. BattleBrat posted on 06 Feb 2013, 00:06 1 0
The Archos G9 101 is available with a 250gb Hard drive, Try harder iFan
32. cripton805 posted on 06 Feb 2013, 00:12 0 0
Since the iPad 4 didnt get a new UI... That means...