Apple iPad 3 event official for March 7th
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2012, 11:47 posted on
Before everyone starts zooming in on the pixels of Apple's teaser with which it invites the press to a March 7 event, we'll save you the suspense. It's more than likely the unveiling of Apple's third generation iPad, of which we've seen already all the externals and internals, and will be really surprised if the screen is not double the iPad 2 resolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. c.hack (Posts: 526; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Who the f^&*(ck cares what the name is as long as they don't use droidboy names like LG Optimyass 4G 3D 2X 32GB 4.0
43. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol you just contradict yourself like many apple fans...how can you say you dont care what the name is but then say as long as its not this name.if you really dont care about what its called it shoudnt matter to you even if its ishi*
44. angellrosado (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
That is so true. C.hack your a smart cookie. Lol
51. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
bahahaha im an android fan but that sh** is funny (and true)! seriously though why the crazy names
60. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
c.hack? Are you the Miz? Or Taco?
56. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i was hoping it was butonless… but i looked up the image of the background this is a view of the cornerish area… oh well
59. gkquiambao (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
*And Apple will label it as the "best iPad ever" lol.
*It has a dual-core, right?. I think Apple already has a working prototype of a quadcore tablet. They just want to release small increment versions of the iPad to gain more profit unlike Android OEMs that release the most advance gadgets for the consumers
*Apple is full of crap haha
3. droidguy2323 (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
THIS IS EPIC . APPLE IS GONNA CHANGE THE GAME AGAIN.
31. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The sarcasm is brilliant! It'll change nothing of course except ipad 2 owners bank account balances when they 'upgrade' yet again
5. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Very exciting. Looking forward to what's going to be presented.
15. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I am ridiculously excited for this announcement. Of course the resolution will be updated, but I want to see what extras Apple includes to convince folks that this is a better idea than a reduced cost iPad 2 (if they decide to go forward with that). The 4S did well against the iPhone 4, but I think folks will get tired of incremental upgrades, especially since I feel like the iPad 2 was just that...
This is going to be pretty sick.
49. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I find it hilarious how one could say they're looking forward to a release and get negative feed back. I should also add I loved all the new gizmos announced at MWC, none of which are Apple products.
I'm with you Jeff, I thought the internals of the 4S were great. It really is a good phone but I'm finding that most people who love apple have been on 2 year contracts. Many of the 4S owners are new first time owners of the iPhone moniker. Granted there are some of those who opted to wait for the 5. Apple just has a simplified powerful user experience across all their platforms.They have done enough to retain their consumer base. Now before I get flamed and all the thumbs down for these statements, I'm going to REITERATE, I am the very PROUD OWNER of a Samsung Galaxy Note. I've owned many Android models and can absolutely say being an owner of both Android and Apple phones, it's easy to see based on preference why people love both products. It's preference and simply opinion. A lot of apple owners are not power users, and the same goes with Android users. Now what has really drawn my interest is the Window's platform. Very interesting stuff there too.
52. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Don't try and reason with that one. If you notice, it's the cool thing to hate Apple and love Google, but topics on Apple usually have the most comments while stories on Google or Android are pretty barren otherwise. This isn't the same PhoneArena from a few years ago when you could pick your side, but still have intelligent conversation. Biggest reason I don't post here as much as I did back in the day.
Still, I'm extremely excited for the iPad 3. I think when the original iPad launched, not even Apple expected it to be as big or important as it was. Especially not in time for the iPad 2. Better display, yes. Better camera, yes. Faster processor, yes. But I'm interested to see what more they are going to add above the obvious.
53. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
No joke on the iPad. Had a huge impact and changed the tablet game permanently. Remember the old tablets which used to cost $2000 and usually ran a windows platform? A lot has definitely changed. I'm excited to see what the iPad 3 offers too. I hoping it has everything you listed and then some. March 7th, needs to get here quicker, lol.
58. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I just noticed this...but there is no home button on the press invitation...
6. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
"We have revolutionized the iPad again. I mean, the tablet. Yeah, we've.. made a new tablet thingy. Oh, it has three cameras now, by the way. Also, the Apple logo glows."
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 14455; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't wait,already got a buyer for my iPad 2!
10. jove39 (Posts: 1415; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Haha...I sold month ago in anticipation of price drop...which will surely happen after iPad3 launch.
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The iPad is AWESOME! As a toilet seat. After you drill a hole in it. Then you really got the privilege of s**tting on Apple. XD
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
just don't have the candle app open or will burn your @ss...
12. ilia1986 (unregistered)
LOL nice one.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
32. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Best thing is if you hit the seat while peeing you water damage the ipad and it will no longer works,thats of course assuming the drilling of the hole doesnt finish it off first lol.
I think many ifans have a secret hole in their ipads for love making sessions
14. angellrosado (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Unless it comes with face reconition and a 2.0 megapixel front facing camera instead of a. 0.3 megapixel camera...............my bad, that already exist with the samsung series and it supports flash.
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2631; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
yea, the .3 megapixel camera is lame, my playbook has a 3, not .3, megapixel front camera, and shoots 1080p, not 480p, video.
21. angellrosado (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Thats what made me laugh the first time i read the specs about the ipad 2. ( you can now face time ) WITH a 0.3 megapixel camera, the specs of the original razor. APPLE loves to string people along and give them just a little so they can come with a new version every year and see these knuckle heads run out and buy every version that comes out. Im going to start calling it ICRACK.
23. c.hack (Posts: 526; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
And I heard your PB got email now! Wow! Next thing you know it might get some apps.
16. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 648; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Mark my words! It'll include Siri and some app taken from the App Store, with 8MB camera and the marketing department wil do the rest to get it off the shelves with record breakingg sales(compared to the ipad2 ofcos)
33. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You never know they might do to the to the iphone 4$ what they did to the iphone 4 and claim siri 'cannot work on an iphone 4$ despite it working on it for months ' and claim it has been pulled and is now a new and 'revolutionary' feature in the ipad 2$
66. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
5mp camera to an 8 mp camera............upgrade your iphone IMMEDIATELY this changes the very existence of life
18. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
ohhhhh here we go again.... they are gonna "revolutionalize" the tablet. Again. i wonder the specs though. either way.. ill keep my HP Touchpad 32GB Running CM9. I can imagine this thing with Siri. People yelling at their tablets. Oh Joy how the coffee houses will love Apple for this... hah!
22. c.hack (Posts: 526; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
That means only 2 months until the next Samsung knock-off tablets. In 9.6, 9.7 , 9.8, and 9.9 inch sizes.
36. angellrosado (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Your right c.hack. 3 xtra versions that will still be better than all ipads combined. Your a smart cookie
19. beelzebug07 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Has anyone noticed.. There's no home button...
63. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
it's magical! and innovative! and no other manufacturer has ever made anything without a button!
24. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You know what i'm actually excited and i'm and android user!!!! I wanna see WTH APPLE has been doing and i hope the IPAD 3 wouldn't be a disappointment like 4s and if its really good i might buy it or go with SAMSUNG but we have to see what they gonna give!!
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
San Francisco is the perfect place for all those iHommos to gather.
'The iPhone 4S brought Siri, but what will iPad the 3rd bring'? .......
"Queeri", Siri's gaaayyyy brother.
['Not that anything's wrong with it']
45. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Generally when someone talks that much about homosexuality it is because they themselves are ***. So Congrats Pap for coming out!!
57. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, truth be told, your dAd talked me into it (and, by 'it' I mean his mAnhole).
27. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
what a waste of internet space to print yet another PA fanboy iDUMP article.
28. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Even though I have the Transformer Prime, I am ready to see Apple completely blow us away with the iPad3.
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6974; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yawn only difference is a few inches smaller resolution slighty higher.
34. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Don't forget the new and improved upgraded 0.40 piXel Front Facing Camera for FacechAt™ on iWiFi™…
35. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The resolution is gonna be so high ifans faces are gonna melt!!! This changes everything again
37. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
OMG i just like the fact that people hate on apple so much? And if you hate them, why read the articles?
P.S IM AN ANDROID USER!!!!
38. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This will be the stereotypical ifan response when told the ipad 2$ only real difference is a sharper screen:
39. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, I'm going to make an iFanboy joke. Again.
I'll be paying attention to this conference. It'll be interesting to see what Apple brings to the table.
40. ENIGMA (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
46. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
They are probably waiting for all of the Android 10 year old Dbaggs to finish with their 5th grade jokes.