Apple iOS 8, the biggest update since the App Store roll-out, has arrived: here's all you need to know
0. phoneArena 02 Jun 2014, 16:32 posted on
Apple’s WWDC 2014 is off to a blazing start with the official introduction of iOS 8, the biggest update to Apple’s mobile operating system…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
All those updates is a bunch of BS apple really need to get it together
37. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
yes even blackberry fans mock apple.
76. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Yes I'm a blackberry fan and I have a had all the flagship high end phones I work in the industry the reason why my user name is blackberry_boy because there legendary they were one of the first smart phones that everyone had at open point like the iPhone I'm a iphone fan it's just they need to turn it up all the way to be really in the game but nevertheless people will still buy if only one thing was updated
17. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I'm guessing one day all the major OS will converge into a single similar OS
42. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
WHat the hell are you? Are you on marijuana? Do you live in Colorado?
34. slaggyb (Posts: 214; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
and iphonearena calls every minor update biggest. absolutely ridiculous.
49. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Because every new iphone or iOS update is juz addition of 3-4 features. Compared to that, this update is huge coz it has 8 features...
69. androtaku (Posts: 242; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
yea...its nothing compare to jelly bean OS feature in our Tesco tablet
67. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Is Android going to get royalties from the blatant copying iOS8 is doing?!?
2. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think iOS really needed some improvements in functionality, and iOS 8 is a big step in that direction
For me, iOS and WP, before the new updates, were really lacking in interface, customizations and functions (file management, third party apps integrated in the UI, widgets, notifications center...), but now both OSs can have wider consumers range and can interest Android users further
62. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Wtihout having to use little plastic phones with crapy touch screens lol
70. edditnyc (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
That's why they made the iPhone 5c, right? hmmm
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man I can't wait to use iOS 8. Much needed improvements, bring it Apple.
5. Sauce (unregistered)
I can't wait for iOS8s iMessage. The group chat improvements, settings, features, walkie talkie like voice texts, in-panel video viewing, and all the rest of the goodies that make the amazing iMessage even better. iOS8s iMessage puts SMS and most third party apps to shame.
Also excited for the 20gigs cloud storage for 0.99¢ is amazing, not to mention their larger yet cheap as dirt storage plans.
Photos app is going to be even better. Tons of nice, practical, useful features added. Not to mention photo searching and favorites.
iCloud Drive is gonna be sweet too.
Very nice update that everyone will get to enjoy.
11. bananana (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
really bro? how much does apply pay you? No. I'm serious. How freaking much?
19. Sauce (unregistered)
I'll tell you how much Apple pays me if you tell me how much daddy spends on your anger meds :D
29. bananana (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
atleast I have a dad! haha.. move on apple super fanboy.. move on...
57. refillable (Posts: 1047; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
You don't have to tell us. We knew that it's not going to be more than the price of a 64GB iPhone 5S.
33. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 155; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
last checked heep ate grass, so i guess that is wht they vouch for...
50. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL.. His comment actually seems like paid one...
61. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Apple doesn't have to pay bloggers anything, they have enough Android fanboys spreading Apple news they might as well pay them for all the free advertising!
75. JoeDirt (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
The man is entitled to his opinion. You don't need to take the low road and act like he gets paid. He, like me and millions of other people enjoy Apple products because of the seamless product integration from a vertical company.
Everyone complains that Apple never announces anything ground breaking or "cutting edge" but in reality, when has Apple ever introduced a revolutionary product?
Apple doesn't try to be first. When have they ever? Apple tries to be the best. I think Journalists, Commentators and Experts miss the boat with their out of place expectations.
The following is a BASIC list of Apple products and ideas that were not the first of their kind. Apple simply did a better job of bringing them to customers.
And that's just scratching the surface.
That's my two cents anyways :)
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 21786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sauce, I just watched the keynote, and was floored by the new features and demos. iOS 8 is gonna be huge, and with these new big screen iPhones coming down the pipe...watch out. I will be in line early bro, can't miss out on launch day.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
iOS 8 is awesome. It gave me everything I wanted. I'm waiting until Google I/O, we'll see if Android 5.0 and the Moto X+1 can keep Apple from stealing me this year.
48. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The 3rd party keyboards, and the new gaming API, Metal. Up to 10 times the performance in games compared to OpenGL, that's insane.
41. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmao. iFreakinDinosaurs. innovation at it's best.
43. joey_sfb (Posts: 5843; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sauce is a Apple fanboy. Always mock Android and Samsung.
Based on this rehashed features set already available to Android. Apple market share will sink further.