iOS 7: release date and all the new features
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2013, 07:56 posted on
Apple iOS 7 was a closely guarded secret that did not leak out until today, and even today’s leak was very slight. It definitely seems Tim Cook has indeed doubled down on secrecy…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
147. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, that new file transfer feature, Air Drop, that Apple announced is called Wifi Direct. The first phone to have it was the Galaxy S2 over two years ago. It\'s been on nearly every Android phone since.
4. ZeroCide (Posts: 748; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Apple innovation..... Taken from somewhere else and call it ours.
57. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung took Google voice and call it S- Voice
65. MEeee (Posts: 312; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Have you heard of Voice Talk? It came out 1 year before Siri.
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
His post said nothing about Siri. It said, and I do quote
"Samsung took Google voice and call it S- voice" end of quote.
94. ojdidit84 (Posts: 450; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Which is still inaccurate because we all know that S-Voice is a pretty terrible ripoff of Siri.
99. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes it is. Google now is sweet though
149. iLover (unregistered)
95. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 41; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Actually S-voice came out as an alternative to siri. They took the idea of Google voice and expanded on it yes but I don't think you guys understand that s-voice is on Android. Google voice is on Android. Android allows this because android is open source and Manufacturers on Android can do things like this. What is great about android is the fact that you can use whatever option you are comfortable with
105. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3062; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I mentioned this in one of Saturday's articles but I'll repeat it. Vlingo was first as far as digital assistant apps, sometime during 2010. Samsung's Nexus S from mid 2011 had it preloaded and somewhat integrated. S Voice is built off of Vlingo. As far as the name goes, look at Samsung's preloaded apps, S Voice, S Memo, etc. That's an easy way to identify their homebuilt apps, much as Apple uses an "i" before everything, Samsung uses an "S". So in reality Samsung's Nexus S had a digital assistant preloaded a full year before Siri was introduced. And it was available for download on Google Play (Android Market back then) 1.5-2 years before the i4s launched.
122. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
SIRI WAS PURCHASE by Apple. did u ever thought of that? they never created SIRI they purchase the company that created the VOICE
159. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lies! If it had taken Google search (Google voice is a phone service) it would not suck...
174. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and Apple purchase Nuance. THey never invented SIRI they just intergrated it.
83. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Now now, don't go spoiling the fun for the cavemen who just discovered fire.
5. shamu11 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
it looks like android...but really cramped and "busy"
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3387; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, the basic are still the same...but the tweaks are worth being liked.
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True that. I like how they stayed true to the basic iOS user experience but the tweaks are really nice though
6. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Jesus this company still exists? Who buys iphones anymore lol? Eww. You couldn't pay me enough to use that garbage.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Millions do, and you know it. You probably own one, but you're afraid of the android fanboys backlash if you make it known. -1
24. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The irony is, you're right. EVERYONE still owns an IPhone everywhere I look, if it's not the S4 it most definitely is the IPhone 4/4s and 5, 3 generations. I kinda like IOS 7 , who cares what the fanboys say?
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly MistB. I know apple adopted some things from android, but in the end who cares. I credit android for pushing the envelope so far, and covering their bases so well that whatever someone does...it's android inspired. Oh well I love, and use both. Haters gonna hate!
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You are a humiliation to PA and to the society...
Look it up on Google i$h€€p™®©
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
By society do you mean android society, or society in general? Surely MistB can't be a humiliation to the general society for speaking the 100% spot on truth. I drive for county transit in the LV, and I constantly look at what people are talking on, and MistB is rite. If its not an s3, or s4 it's an iPhone model.
71. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And all I've seen you do is troll Nokia and Windows phone 8 articles. You are a humiliation beyond society, Android troll. Hey, I'm an Android user too but be respectful of other peoples' opinions, it's called free speech for a reason. Because i happened to give compliments to I am an ISheep, Like I really care about your terminology toward me and what you assume what platform I like.
148. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Honestly, I\'ve been noticing lately that I see a lot more Galaxy S3/4 and Note devices than iPhones. Was in Disney World back in April, that\'s when it first hit me. The ratio was really noticeable. Very few iPhones, tons of Galaxies.
91. Chakra (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Nothing wrong with marketing that brainwashes people into thinking what's good for them.
131. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You talking to me or him, because like it or not, brainwashing is a part of consumerism which you the consumer are adept to eventually, so yes, you are equally as brainwashed by visiting this site supporting the brand you vote with your wallet.
7. palmguy (Posts: 442; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Multitasking thru cards? I sure miss webOS.
54. cleatglitch (Posts: 18; Member since: 25 May 2013)
webOS will always be the best, still play around wit palm pre, but im looken at ios7 an its like wats new wats old...guess if they like...its all gud
8. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
iOS 7 is awesome far better looking then jelly bean or key lime pie. Android haters have nothing else to say that iOS is missing.
21. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Don't know what's worse, you dumping your money into a company that have been lacking feature for years, when a cheaper alternative, which said feature already included, was there for you. Or, you actually trying to use the fact that you finally have gotten said feature as a bragging right. Welcome to the modern time. I hope you enjoy the new feature. I have, for a few years now.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's not hate, it's more Trolling it™
Go away to you'r Ba™ l@nd®
You are a disgrace to society...
93. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 41; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Key lime pie isn't out yet? Troll... Anyways I actually like this! It's a nice refresh. I still prefer android. It has a lot more to offer than ios. A visual overhaul can't compare to sheer functionality and customization
98. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Get your s*** together, Tyrone. iOS 7 is what JellyBean craps out after eating some WP.
150. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
How it looks is subjective. The fact that every new feature it got is copied from someone else is fact.
151. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
How it looks is subjective. The fact that every new feature it got is copied from someone else is fact.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Still no more than WP, and much less than Android. And new WP and Android versions are coming too. So iOS still behind the game......
175. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
IF android os wasn't around i would buy WP over Ios/Iphone
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
And man, PA is full of iOS 7 stuff today, Probably will be for this whole week...... It's distressing.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The droider fanboys have been silenced, and now they can only hate. Waaaaa waaaaaa waaaa droiders want a binky. The real android users, the mature ones will understand appreciate what apple has done. DSD GMR1 PAU where y'all at.
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Tell me one thing iOS does better than Android?
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Auto edits/auto compresses video. Which android doesn't do yet. That's two things.
58. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont allow other carriers to put their crap... customer satisfaction,... updates need more
100. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Please, Carrier crap is only a problem in America where phone carriers basically still own your phone after you purchase it, anywhere else in the world, bloat can be removed simply by changing the CSC when you purchase the phone.
Yeah, customer satisfaction, if I paid $500 for a phone that does so little, I'd try to convince myself I was happy with my purchase too.
Nexus gets all Android updates, Major flagships get huge updates and non-flagships can root. Unlike iOS, Android doesn't need to churn out updates every week to fix dumb bugs like keyboard static or something.
125. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nexus?... those phones hardly sell.. thats why they are going , bad example that the only way to get timely updates is to buy a outdated out of the box Nexus
152. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You buy an outdated out of the box iPhone. What's different?
25. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I see nothing that would make me want to purchase an iPhone. All they've added was late to the party and flat, Metro looking in the process. And even if you like the Metro styling, it's still only a 4" screen.
17. MartianMe (unregistered)
hey darkk if that's you in the pic. ...shouldn't you be taking care of your grandkids by now and keep an eye on that woman who knows what she's doing while you're commenting ...oh maybe she's facebooking with her HS sweethearts.....please go over to cnet.... like.. right now.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
She's actually at work. We just got off the phone video chatting. My sons 16, and he's been raised properly he keeps it zipped up so I have no grand kids. And at 6'5" 235 and about 7% body fat, I look half my age. It's called taking care of your health and fitness, you should try it. Nice attempt to insult me though due to your jealousy, and anger at my liking ios7.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 17523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I gotta give you a green thumb for your efforts to diss me, and my wife to be. +1
38. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
You're really disrespectful.... and you're making a dumba$$ of yourself... growup you're representing your little android fag$ here and from the looks of it you guys just cant stand the fact that Apple is still in the game and one of the underdogs