Apple iMessage is down (update)
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 16:19 posted on
Apple's proprietary messaging service iMessage seems to be having some problems right now. Users in North America and Europe have been reporting that the service isn't working, but oddly iMessage only seems to be down for iOS users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. blingblingthing (Posts: 432; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Surely this is the Imessage app on Android as Apple products and services can't fail and are reliable.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 11120; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't know where u got that one from. They crash, jus not that often.
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 369; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Just keep giving up the control... all control...
No... I am not joking:
Store stuff in the cloud? Buy physical or digital stuff? WRONG, your LEASING it!
Want to resell that old Android or Apple device... WRONG you DO NOT OWN IT!
#Comment sent from the 30th, after congress makes this decision on the 29th!
8. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Bump for important info on article. Especially for people who enjoy tech. Seems unconstitutional
16. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I highly doubt that the Supreme Court will allow this. It just seems illogical. If people are allowed to resell cars and houses, why not phones? I understand the whole "it's their software argument," but there's a similar argument in the car industry: there are patents on numerous car parts. (Imperfect analogy, I know, because software is different than actual technology. But the tech corporations who want this to happen patent software like anything else, so it's fine.)
In any event, it's a Supreme Court decision. There's not a ton that we can do, because the structure of the courts is designed to avoid politics.
9. PAPINYC (Posts: 2276; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"i" am truly disappointed, how am "i" supposed to send my purple pictures??!
18. redmd (Posts: 882; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I call them sapphire pictures and. they are precious.
22. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I call it instagram hardware integration
15. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
One day Apple will be down as well :p
23. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
the forecast will call for blizzards in hell that day.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 11120; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Jus tried to send one, and yep it's down. C'mon apple upsy daisy now.
5. Savage (unregistered)
Wait. The SMS flaw in iPhone affected the iMessage?
6. Iphone4 (unregistered)
WhatsApp is best
20. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
i use viber because the whatsapp iOS version cost one buck
21. Iphone4 (unregistered)
I got it free on iOS but now I use galaxy ace 2 so android free
24. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
whatsapp's servers have been lagging from too many users. Viber is more reliable. Hopefully whatsapp upgrades their servers soon
7. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Awww man I use Message on my mac... this sucks
10. Gawain (Posts: 353; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
It's not Apple...we're using iMessage wrong...
13. othello_bad (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I don't know what areas are truly affected because my Imessage is working just fine. I am in North America.
19. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
pikapowerize says "just use bbm!" xD