Apple has released iOS 6.0.1, fixes several bugs
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2012, 20:30 posted on
iOS 6.0.1 is available for download and address some major fixes for the recently unveiled OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
well they fixed the keyboard lines. Guess it wasnt a feature afterall.
16. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Cant wait for the iOS 7 when they fix the purple hue in pictures :D
18. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Wait a minute, since when does Ios have bugs? Isn't this suppose to be the reliable, lag and bug free OS?
26. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
they fixed the old bugs....and introduced new ones :)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Apple knows how to take care his loyal customers sincerely... Even the iPhone 3gs user love about the ios6 :)
4. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Um, no, wendy, I manage a large Verizon agent location, and I hear people complaining about iOS 6 every day I work. I'm sure some like it, but many dislike it just as much too.
11. winsaki234 (Posts: 63; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
My .5 years old Nexus S got the 4.1.2 and 4.2 is coming
17. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Meanwhile my 1.5 year old Nexus One is stuck at 2.3. #obsolete. Bye bye android hello iOS
19. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
XDA developers :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?
Not to mention the 3gs doesn't get all the updates of Ios6, and features it does are probably features available to you already.
30. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
What the hell is that thread? Really? you expect me to take the day off to read, root, rom my Nexus? Just so I can have an unreliable custom rom with its own bugs?
No thanks! I'll leave that to the nerds. Im done with Android.
25. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Apple's versioning of iOS is misleading. iOS 5 should've been something like iOS 4.5 and iOS 6 more like iOS 4.5.1... minor updates that even the legacy iPhone 3GS can handle.
5. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Kind of funny how it's an update to fix updating.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 21201; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This update has made my phone faster UI wise, and a lot faster when on wifi. Never had the keyboard line thing so I can't speak on that fix.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Does this fix the issue with gmail and exchange? Anyone?
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This is how updating and bug fixing is supposed to be done.
24. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Really? Can you send me a video file showing how? No, Okay
How about just sending me the file then, i can look it over? No good too
What about using bluetooth or email? no, oh well
I just keep playing Minecraft on my TV using my Phone/PS3 Controller Combo :-)
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this will make my iphone even better..
13. Max_Boost (Posts: 101; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Surprised to see Apple Maps is not included in the update. I guess time to get lost some more? LOL :D
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple Maps is in its infancy. Remember google maps was far from perfect when it debuted.
20. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
We can appreciate that nothing is perfect, but all we remember is that apple users tend to think Apple plus Ios is perfect. Now that the proof is right infront of us we need to put it to their faces and show that they were wrong.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
When Apple markets it as "The World's Most Advanced Mapping System," they better back up that claim. They didn't and that's why they're getting so much heat for it.
Lesson learned: If it's still in beta, don't call it revolutionary.
21. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
The maps are perfect, now get back on the train tracks and drive home safely.
22. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
But I thought Apple iOS didnt have any bugs and only their maps were flawed?
Well im glad this update will fix their maps..... Nevermind
31. Ninjaburn (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
They need to change where you don't have to send pictures with cellular data