Apple has patent tossed in U.S. lawsuit, multi-touch patent called into question
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2012, 17:12 posted on
Some of Apple's patent claims took a hit this week in a Chicago court, with one being ruled invalid and several others having their claim construction called into question...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. sprockkets (Posts: 1608; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
And I'd gladly give of my time to testify in court on why this "heuristic" isn't new or novel in any way possible.
16. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
and sue Apple for wasting time of the judges!
19. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
"in other words the patent is so vague that it could cover almost anything."
99% ipatents are the same. do anybody remember a thing which apple invented after the very first iphone ?
answer is none.
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
My old Treo had a touch screen just with a physical keyboard instead of a full touch screen keyboard. Im glad this patents got called in by a real judge who knows what to look for in lawsuits. Its sad it has come to this but its time for the I sue u, u sue me crap to stop.
7. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Where do I send this judge a token of my esteemed appreciation?
Finally, an beginning to the end of apple's shouldn't-have-been-granted-in-the-first-place patents
8. tedkord (Posts: 8308; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Waitaminnit! An overly broad patent? How'd that one slip through?
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
DEAR APPLE STOP BEING A PATENT TROLL AND TRYING TO CONTROL THE PATENT SYSTEM.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it would be hilarious if moto wins the FRAND patent and apple works out a licencing deal. Then they would be basically paying Google for every iOS device sold. OOOOHHH The irony.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Com Judge be on the right side. DON'T TAKE APPLE dirty money
12. PostalJim (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Free Droid and Galaxy phones for that judge for LIFE!!!!
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I cannot wait until the end of these patent wars. Not just for Apple but for everyone. It's getting so bad that companies are trying to sue each other for the stupidest things.
15. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Most of these companies are just counter-suing Apple for retarded lawsuits.
18. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
Apple has a vague patent? O.o soon they might file for another vague one and call it ''Phone'' hahaa
anyway LONG LIVE THE JUDGE
20. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
ah this judge needs to go all around the world :D!
to make sure Apple does not sue for everything
21. PhoneCritic (Posts: 509; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
As much as I like Apple I have to admit that their patent claims were very vauge and really baseless and now the true is coming to light that you can't sue for what was already in exsistence.