Apple had lawyers send letters to retailers to halt sales of certain Samsung products
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2012, 23:20 posted on
Trying to do the work of the court, following Judge Lucy Koh's recent injunctions on the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Samsung GALAXY Nexus, Apple sent out letters to retailers, asking them to stop selling those two devices including any left over inventory...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
not again... why must apple sue evrything samsung does...
4. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Because Samsung innovates and brings good products, which is a threat to Apple since they don't understand the term nor like to compete.
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5920; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If iApple sent the 'cease and desist' letters out after the Appeals court stayed enforcement of the injunction, Sammy would be within their rights to file a motion for forfeiture of the bond that iApple had to post to get the injunction. While Sammy might not succeed in getting a forfeiture decision, they should at least get an award of sanctions against iApple for the under-handed deeds.
65. borganwa (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Samsung Electronics manufactures Apple's A5 processor. If Apple bans Samsung to sell their products, Samsung should stop manufacturing Apple's A5
66. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
the comment with the most thumbs-up i've ever seen yet..
49. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
You forget to mention they also recieve free iphones/ipods as part of the deal.
50. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
C'mon, we know all know better than that. Apple wouldn't give anything away for free, the judge still had to buy their products at retail cost.
Apple and free don't play well with each other.
51. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I wonder did Apple send a revised letter after Samsung appealed the G Nex...
3. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
apple to sue Sir Newton for using apple to discover gravity
32. xperator (Posts: 8; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
I just made an account to thumbs up your comment and to tell you I literally fell down from chair because I laughed so much xD
48. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
And for stealing the name "Newton" too. Why couldn't he innovate his own name? ;-p
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8830; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to cry on how messed up the tech industry is right now.
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I was upset at first but Apple will never catch up to Android. Can anyone imagine Apple still suing Android 2 years from now with an iPhone 5S on the market? Apple is going to use that new screen size to death and the iPad will not change much due to the Retina display. So let them makes fools out of themselves while Android brings people what they want. People will talk with their wallets.
9. kanagadeepan (Posts: 710; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I wonder when will the half-eaten rotten fruit will stop its iTrolls??? Apple should know that NOT all people in the world are sheep, to accept whatever disgusting acts they are doing is correct....
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
- What does a Galaxy Tab look like?
- What country are you from?
- What? What? Wh - ?
- "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
- English, motherf**ker, do you speak it?
- Yes! Yes!
- Then you know what I'm sayin'!
- Describe what the Galaxy Tab looks like!
- It's... It's flat...
- Go on.
- It's got a screen on it.
- Does it look like an iPad?
- *gunshot* DOES IT LOOK LIKE AN IPAD?
- Then why did you ban it as if it was an iPad?
We know the rest :D
18. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I just heard that exchange in Sammy Jackson's and Matt Broderick's voices. Laughed my ass off. :D
43. remixfa (Posts: 14059; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lolol. thanks, as soon as you said that, i "heard" that whole conversation. :)
26. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Unfortunately Samuel L. Jackson is one of them
39. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Awesome man. Started my day with a good laugh!
47. ilia1986 (unregistered)
It's good to be back after a week of absence due to a BSODed PC. :D
58. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
SAY WHAT ONE MORE MOTHER F*CKING TIME!!
11. PhoneBug (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Its as if Apple thinks it has a non-compete clause signed with every competetor in the mobile industry
12. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
There are many things but I must say that is pretty dirty even for a corporation. I do not approve of Apple's actions at all.
13. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Wow this is why I have absolutely no respect for that fruit company.
37. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
If they keep this s*** up they will need to resort to selling fruit because no one will want to buy electronics from them anymore.
14. BREvenson (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 May 2012)
You have got to be kidding me. It was damaging enough that Apple blocked the sale of the Nexus and Galaxy Tab, but they felt it was necessary to send out letters basically saying, "You can't sell these devices anymore, we won the case, see? See? Look at the official ruling, look, see? We won, they lost! See?" as if they are stuck-up children that love to rub it in other faces when they win something.
I'm tired of this. They should quit the lawsuits and get back to work on the next piece of technology that everyone just has to get.
15. nicholassss (Posts: 355; Member since: 10 May 2012)
If apple is really making mini ipad everyone that makes a 7 inch tab should sue the pants off apple, claiming "I dunno man, that look like a such and such." -_-
16. nicholassss (Posts: 355; Member since: 10 May 2012)
On second thought, maybe everyone else will take the adult route and just go on making great products.
17. TechDork (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Yeah, I can't even fathom that I have an iPhone. Apple, understand that you are NOT, I repeat, NOT the only manufacturer of mobile devices. You can't keep suing everybody who makes a device better than yours, that's the life of CHANGE! GET....THE HELL...OVER IT!!!!
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well now, Apple. I wonder if it's standard operating procedure for lawyers to do the cease and desisting?
20. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
This is getting real stupid.How are you going to sue the company that basically provide the chip you need for your mythical IpHone5.
f**k APPLE and their products!!!GOOGLE,ANDROID and Linux.FTW!!!!
41. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Sammy should tell Apple to go eff themselves and find another chip, set the iFail 5 back several months while they retest all the crap.
21. sarb009 (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
dont tell me now that steve d@gz is also going as a ghost to retailers to ask them to stop selling samsung products (by stupid law or by fear of greedy ghost)
22. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 50; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
A comment section without thumbs down... :) *as of this writing*
23. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
my mum and dad just got the galaxy s3 (dad) and the galaxy note (mum) and they are coming from the iphone 4, they can't stop using them because they love them and said that android and samsung beat the s**t out of apple and they're never going back.
42. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
True statement. I can't keep the phone in my store, and had a recent iPhone buyer see the SGS3 and immediately brought his iPhone back for the SGS3. There is no comparison.
45. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
wow one person who can't handle the truth that android is just better and that apple has lost "touch" (see what i did there) with the people want
25. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
samsung should stop selling chips to apple... because they sue them for evrything
lg should stop providing screens to apple..
sony should stop providing camera sensors to apple..
lets see how happy apple is now....
27. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Exactly, if these manufacturers agreed to boycott apple, I believe they can bring and end to it, just strangle the hell out of it.
at the end of the day, Sony, Lg, and Samsung want to sell their own phones, so why help a company that brings them all this kinda trouble?!
29. amiaq (Posts: 495; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Is this mean the next on Apple's to do list is to force retailers to reveal their customers who bought Samsung's products?
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5920; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
In the U.S., that would result in a 'restraint of trade' problem for iApple. Not even Steve when he was alive wanted to pick a fight with the Feds. Tim knows better than to even think of pushing the envelope that far.
I am hoping that the cease and desist letters went out before the stay was authorized. Otherwise, iApple has a problem where they will need to 'splain why they acted the way they did.
34. f1r3z0r (Posts: 85; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
HATERS ALWAYS GONNA HATE....DONT WORRY APPLE THE IPAD KILLER IS COMING AND IT NAME IS GALAXY NOTE 10.1 AND THE GALAXY NOTE 2....ETC....AND THE IPAD 7 INCS IS ALREAY KILLED BY NEXUS 7 HUA HUA HUA.....PLUS JELLY BEANS IS COMING TO ALL NEW ANDROID DEVICES INCLUDING GALAXY S 3, NOTE 2, ETC....BYE HATERS....LONG LIFE ANDROID AND SAMSUNG
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How would h u like if someone BAN your product? Oh wait i forgot you like the BIG FRUIT that BAN products
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ccr@pple you seem not to understand do u. Samsun appeal YOUR SYHTTY BAN our store still have the GALAXY TAB even the 7" still sells and was on their the day you BAN it. YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT to take away a product that the consumer wants. I could care less if you threaten to give our store any ipads.
44. remixfa (Posts: 14059; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
So much for Tim Cook's statements about a friendlier, less sue happy Apple. Guess he is just as full of s**t as his predecessor.
46. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What's worse is the fact that he's been seen in DC. Hopefully he's not taking it to the next level with lobbying
53. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Hopefully.....him being in DC reminds some lawmakers, congressmen the patent laws need to be revised, looked at again.
63. remixfa (Posts: 14059; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
unfortunately, the only thing that it will remind them of is that Cook has access to a 70 billion + bank vault and they will want some of that money for "campaign donations" and probably do as he asks. Democrats are so easily bribed.
52. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
The funny thing is, the general public doesn't care about all of this suing stuff. So Apple will still sell and Americans will still be the obese country.
54. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is true. Majority of the general public dont know about this stuff. With Apple or Samsung.
55. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Apple's response to criticism of the letters they sent out is even better. Apple gets real huffy-puffy in the face of criticism so they defended themselves by almost just flat out calling Samsung thieves and counterfeiters. I guess Apple lawyers spent so much time studying patent law they may have gotten a little rusty on tort law.
Speaking of them getting all butt-hurt in the face of criticism, now they've turned around and re-entered the EPEAT certification program and can be happy they still got a gold rating. Looks they pulled out before just out of simple fear alone of not receiving a high rating.
56. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This is a new low even for apple,truly disgusting antics from apple. I don't think any ifan could defend this. Those drones that buy every single iproduct each year really need to wake up