Apple granted patent for health-monitoring earphones with motion detection
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 09:27 posted on
Yesterday, the USPTO granted Apple a patent for earphones and headphones with embedded sensors, which the iPhone maker filed back in 2007. They include motion detection for music-related gesture controls. The processing is handled by a module simply called “monitoring system”. It can be worn on the user's body (clothes), attached to a digital device (stationary or mobile), or built into a headset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Väliaikainen (Posts: 24; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
I don't really get it. Why would I wan't to monitor all my health related stuff? I can feel my self if I haven't slept enough, if I'm hungry, if I need to do some sports and so on. I don't need a device to tell me all this...
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1119; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is a sad attempt to find a new revenue stream and "revolution" by a self proclaimed revolutionary company. Rumors of an "iWatch" started the whole smart watch fad which will likely equate to nothing and now they are trying every possible thing to get more money out of consumers like the smart phone craze did.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Basically they need to pump all you data to Big Phama so that Monsanto et al can get new beed of GMO crops to make you more sick and generate consumers for the Big Pharma.
2. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 212; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
What is USPTO? United States Patent Troll Organization?!
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
uspto going have to stop this B.S. Granted them any patent they want
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Whoa there PA, this news is way too old. Anyhoo, clearly this goes to show that someone was slacking off 'cause this patent should have been granted a long time ago
10. sprockkets (Posts: 936; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Really? Putting a sensor on an earbud is new, novel in any way?
6. ultimatewarrior (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
They don't have a patch on "The Dash" ear buds by Bragi llc.
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Someone should come up with bone conduction hearing aid hooked to phone.
9. ultimatewarrior (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
rustic guy. Search The Dash by Bragi. They have a real gem of a product coming up.