Apple granted 10 patents for design
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2011, 00:16 posted on
The USPTO has granted ten design patents on Tuesday to Apple that includes the UI for iOS, the Apple iPhone's virtual QWERTY, the white Apple iPhone 4, and 5 icons; some of the patents were originally filed back in 2009...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha when apple sues google samsung htc and whoever else they feel like over the virtual qwerty keyboard that they just got a patent for people will care... yup i see apple taking full advantage of this..
2. AppleHater (unregistered)
Apple must be feeling it tonight after the gs2 lauch
20. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha wait oh thats right isn't it banned in europe? apple is probably laughing..
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
not yet and they will roll out a workaround to avoid the only patent they violated
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2235; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol fanboys suck ass!!!! Always made at something... Smh
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Really... A patent for QWERTY keyboard???
7. todor (unregistered)
For the design man ... not for the keyboard itself ...
23. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
for the "design"....?
oh you mean its not going to consist of square letters, in the same order of any keyboard out there...
yes good job apple. patenting something that wasnt orig developed by apple, just because you made a picture of it on a phones screen. QWERTY keyboard isnt a new design, therefore no patent should be possible.
P.S. I just patented an offwhite eggshell virtual keyboard, who can i sue?!?
5. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Good for Apple. This will lead copycats away :)
6. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Good for Apple. Bad for society. But I guess you have already chosen your side.
14. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Yes we have. I'm on board with Apple.
8. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Can't apple just go away ?
Let's make them !!!
9. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
lets just hope apple will still do good after jobs or else they will suffer like other tech companies after their star CEO left and see their patents for auction.
11. remyrz (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
man I know jobs, as he is still alive, he's behing everything in the apple world.. they just got a new face for the public.. but he's behind it all...
10. FNugget (unregistered)
Design Patents are very much unlike Utility Patents
16. jimbo998 (unregistered)
Yeah but once hes dead and hes heading that way then what?
17. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
So I guess this means no white phone releases for any other phone makers. Not that I'm a white phone fan, never had one, but I'm a fan of choice.
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They have to protect themselves from copycats such as Samsung