Apple goes Topsy, acquires social media analytics firm for $200 million
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2013, 19:53 posted on
According to a published report on Monday, Apple has acquired social media analytics firm Topsy. The company pays Twitter for access to information sent out on tweets, and can determine how often a specific term is tweeted. The company also measures how successful an ad campaign or event is by measuring how people are responding to it on Twitter. Topsy also sifts through all of the data looking for trends...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (Posts: 740; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I'd like to be an analyst for a few seconds but that would mean I'm wrong.
Anyway, I could see Apple using this for future additions to Siri's software.
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 945; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
good point, I don't really know how they could pull this off but I sure hope that it doesn't. suck
2. nctx77 (Posts: 230; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Good point Sauce. That makes more sense to me than iTunes.
7. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Probably one of the only two things I agree on with Androtakus bashing iDevices.
iTunes is too fool-oriented, thus insulting people's intelligence.
The other one being the screen size.
5. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Financed by Sammy. Lol.
What gonna Apple do with the remaining $90 million?
8. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
you do realize apple has 147,000,000,000 in cash reserves....
yes... 9 zeros there... billions...
hardly financed by samsung
9. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I'd say "donated" would be the proper term.
Regardless how rich Apple might be, getting something for free never harms.