Apple gets German court to invalidate a Samsung 3G patent
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 10:19 posted on
A Federal Patent Court in Germany has completely invalidated a patent that was owned by Samsung which the latter said was essential to the UMTS 3G standard; the court also invalidated Samsung's proposed amendments to the patent although the Korean manufacturer can still appeal the decision to the Federal Court of Justice...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
apple should just relize they are not the best anymore and focus on making there company better.
13. Apple6 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
This is strictly litigation business and shall continue!!
15. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Obviously You do not know anything about how the corporation. This is just normal business for big corporations like Apple, Google, and Samsung. Going to court all the time over patents does Not deter these companies from innovating or creating better products.
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple is nothing BUT A BIG TURD in the court room. seriously can we please go a whole week without a dumb patent or law suit in the courts
19. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You comment in all of them, so obviously you love these articles.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
3G? This still relevant, and to what extent?
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's very relevant. 3G is still the standard in most parts of the world. We Americans are just spoiled.
9. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
apple focus inside court and samsung focus inside r&d department.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not yet... Appeals would go on and on from either side for sometime :)
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung will not appeal this one. they lost fair and square
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 4755; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
In this world there is no such thing as fair and square. Just who has the biggest stick gets the fairer deal.
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
We need all patent lawsuits to be killed and we need to form an international patent force then force all companies to reapply for them.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
All patents should be invalidated in public interests. Novartis lost a patent case in India as a result of which a $2500 cancer drug becomes a $200 drug. Indian courts said come up with some thing really an innovation and not some spiced up version of what mankind already knew.
22. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
How I wish I could destroy apple physically. Bulldose every single store of f**kapple products. Smash up every single thing with that icon that I hate. Of course without victims and fully legal. Sad, I can't do that.