Apple gets German court to invalidate a Samsung 3G patent
You might recall that more than a year ago, the EC had turned the tables on Samsung saying that the company was asking for "excessive" fees for its SEP patents, while at the same time seeking injunctions against Apple devices. Samsung has since withdrawn its request for injunctions against Apple in this matter, and is merely seeking damages. It also continues to seek both injunctions and damages against Apple in cases involving non SEP patents.
We're pretty sure that there will be those who will accuse the Federal Patent Court court of playing favorites, so we should point out that the same court last week invalidated Apple's "slide-to-unlock" patent. Apple has started to appeal the ruling, but earlier rulings in Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands went against Apple making it hard for the Cupertino based company to score a reversal.
2. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
apple should just relize they are not the best anymore and focus on making there company better.
13. Apple6 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
This is strictly litigation business and shall continue!!
15. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Obviously You do not know anything about how the corporation. This is just normal business for big corporations like Apple, Google, and Samsung. Going to court all the time over patents does Not deter these companies from innovating or creating better products.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple is nothing BUT A BIG TURD in the court room. seriously can we please go a whole week without a dumb patent or law suit in the courts
19. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You comment in all of them, so obviously you love these articles.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
3G? This still relevant, and to what extent?
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3478; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's very relevant. 3G is still the standard in most parts of the world. We Americans are just spoiled.
9. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
apple focus inside court and samsung focus inside r&d department.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not yet... Appeals would go on and on from either side for sometime :)
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung will not appeal this one. they lost fair and square
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 4450; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
In this world there is no such thing as fair and square. Just who has the biggest stick gets the fairer deal.
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
We need all patent lawsuits to be killed and we need to form an international patent force then force all companies to reapply for them.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
All patents should be invalidated in public interests. Novartis lost a patent case in India as a result of which a $2500 cancer drug becomes a $200 drug. Indian courts said come up with some thing really an innovation and not some spiced up version of what mankind already knew.
22. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
How I wish I could destroy apple physically. Bulldose every single store of f**kapple products. Smash up every single thing with that icon that I hate. Of course without victims and fully legal. Sad, I can't do that.