Apple forced to make changes to the design of its new San Francisco store
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2013, 07:44 posted on
Last month, Apple filed a plan to move the Apple Store in San Francisco to a tony location in Union Square; while city officials seemed to be happy with Apple's plans, not everyone was happy. The plans call for Apple to dismantle a water fountain sculpture which did not go over well with the inhabitants of San Francisco...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Good. They should of use concrete instead of glass like their phones. Anyone can easily rob a Apple store.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You actually think Apple stores get robbed so easily? They have security up the --- protecting the store lol.
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I knew someone was going to reply with this video. But again, how often do their stores get robbed?
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Two things though:
1- Criminals are opportunists; there are plenty of people willing enough to show off their iPhone ripe for the picking versus a harder secured target.
2- Purely speculation here, but based on the company's normal practices and tactics they'd do their best to keep reports of any store thefts suppressed as much as possible to prevent any negative public perception or safety concerns so they don't lose sales.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 14690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple stored don't really get robbed, more like broken I to after hours dude. Burglary, and robbery are two different crimes. As Smurf said, there's too much security to try to rob one. That's why people wait, and burglarize them. Gadget continues to insert foot ----->:D
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm sure that goods in Apple store are covered by insurance, that's mean Apple has nothing to lose even if goods will be stolen. ;)
2. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Nothing Cook can't get his way with. What's the going rate to bribe officials to allow violating the conditions an urban bird sanctuary has?
3. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1552; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Next to Tiffany will be a much better and more visible location. It never made sense for that store to be half a block off the square. As for the fountain, knowing Apple, they will pay to have it relocated, undamaged, enough so that they can build and everyone is happy.
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"Surely this isn't the kind of bureaucratic nonsense that Apple CEO Tim Cook needs to occupy his time..."
Ugh... Someone true colors are showing.
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5908; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's supposed to stand out. Apple Store is far more grand than any other lame store.
11. ZeroCide (Posts: 712; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Stand out or look stupid. if a Quake happens in frisco the apple store will come down. Which would probably be no big loss.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 14690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If a quake happens that's strong enough, everything is coming down. Bad example Zero.
27. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That's okay .... if it does come down we can all chip in and send the Frisco store some krAziGlue so they can put all the pieces back together.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not true. Visit downtown Chicago and you'll see some of the best looking stores everywhere, from the 2 floor Puma Store to the huge Nike store.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Mxy is a bit biased, if you haven't noticed.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Mxy is always biased. Well, not always, but most of the times.
22. jacko1977 (Posts: 422; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
just butt hurt that he knows the s4 is better and apple guys have no brains to make there own stuff look at pass 6 years everything looks the same as model before it
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 14690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He's rite though Doug. The design is supposed to stand out.
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Very true. Fortunately there's a ton of stores that aren't lame.
28. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Their new store looks good, but they need new products, not new stores. Without new products(and I don't mean 5S), their store is just a hollow hall.
21. jacko1977 (Posts: 422; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i walked into a apple store in sydney and a sales rep walked up and said can i help you i said i wanna buy the best phone in the world then she said we have 3 storage memory of iphone 5 16gb 32gb 64gb i was like wwwhhhaaattt sorry i said im after the samsung galaxy s4 & note 2 and i can add sd card so i have storage over 64gb not that p.o.s she asked me to leave lol
26. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Must've been the same canary cΠnt who threw me out.
29. quakan (Posts: 1264; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You sound like the douches that go to Walmart stores then tell employees who simply work the store stocking and helping guests, "Oh, Target is better because of blah blah blah." I always feel bad for them because I know in their mind they're thinking, "Idgaf, I just work here".
I bet you went home and high-fived your buddies acting like you were such a badass that day.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 14690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly. Seems like jacko went to the store looking to start trouble. I'd have asked him to leave also. He seems like a mega fanboy.
24. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
This store in Berlin is the best by far.
And stop hating Apple,it has the best design even with theirs stores.
25. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Whatever they do, it will be an utter iSore to dt 'Frisco; I'm shocked the girls on the City Council went for anything that was not mission style.
30. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I like going to Apple stores.
You go in, leave, come back a year later and all the iGadgets stay the same.