Apple fined over location tracking in Korea
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2011, 08:05 posted on
Apple's South Korean division has been fined over the location tracking scandal which broke up a couple of months ago, after it was made clear that iDevices collected location data from users for up to a year…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4712; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I guess Apple didn't learn from the fiasco that was caused here in the U.S. from this very topic. If Apple knows that this tracking problem is an issue & does nothing to remedy it then I guess this is what happens. I still don't understand how the iPhone stores a year’s worth of data is considered a bug? I would think maybe 7 days would be a bug, but 365 days seems more deliberate than anything else. Apple still up to its old tricks! lol
3. pete7625 (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
I agree, I find this WAY too fishy. Seems like something they would have known about. The deserve to pay that money. This is extremely wrong on apple's part.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a feature if you like it, and a bug if you dont.
yea, the one year mark is a little to specific. if it were like 18 days or some odd number it would be a little more believable.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yea for sure Apple is getting owned here. This is an embarrasment.$2,855 should put a pretty big dent into their operating revenue. This may delay the iPhone 5 even further.
Hahaha that's what you get iCrap!!!
4. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Where is the Apple Fanboy like The Miz and taco defending apple?
5. xenover (Posts: 174; Member since: 27 May 2011)
They are probably weeping in shame right now
7. rican (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
they dont have s**t to say about it, too much truth
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4712; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
rican I didn't know you were a girl? Hey I was born in San Juan, I got family who still lives in Catano! lol What do you know about that? :-)
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I doubt that picture is rican lol
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4712; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Why would she put a picture like that then? It looks genuine to me.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The pic on your profile is that you?
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4712; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol Touche just like your pic isn't you right? What you think that is rican's girl or some random chick? Who knows rican might be some sexy chick. I believe you should give the benefit of the doubt, hey you could be 100% correct though. There are some sick folks out there. Ohh & yes I am Quickman from Megaman 2 from the glory days of the NES! lol
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and i am Kermit the Frog in real life. Didnt know ya had a celebrity in the midst did ya? lol
9. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
My personal opinion.
Apple tracked (and still is tracking, but in a more secret way)iphone users and giving the info to CIA / FBI to fight terrorists.
What do you think of this opinon, some discussions ?
15. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Tracking sucks. I am not going to make a giant conspiracy theory here and i don't think my safety was in jeopardy here but it certainly makes me feel uncomfortable. My phone gives me options to turn it off and i hope they work! I do like the find my iPhone app so i am going to keep it :).