Apple fined 200,000 Euros in Italy over AppleCare
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 13:29 posted on
Italian regulators have fined Apple 200,00 Euros ($264,000) after the company was caught telling customers that an AppleCare warranty was required to obtain two years of warranty coverage when local laws guarantee a minimum of 2 years; Apple has since changed its policy and the activity apparently occurred between March 28th and November 10th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Oh and fanboys from other side of fence were talking some crap for samsung replacing few failing SIII FOC with no questions asked. So now what? This is what Apple is ... caught defrauding in short :)
5. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'v had nothing but perfect customer service in NA. No other company will replace your phone as easily as apple.
7. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
well the truth about Apple Care...Apple Don't Care! :)
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Customer service which says "You're holding it wrong!"...
Customer service which says "It is normal!" talking about iPhone 5 scratches out of the box...
Customer service which says "It is normal!" talking about Purple Halo effect...
Customer service which says "Use iMessage instead of SMS!" when there was SMS security problems...
Yeah, really "good" customer service...
11. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'v had none of those...sry.
Lol an android fan talking about security...now I'v heard it all...
21. dsDoan (Posts: 229; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
An Android device is as secure as the end-user. If you need your hand held, then Android is probably not for you.
26. quakan (Posts: 1361; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
None of those came from customer service...
13. Rocksteady (unregistered)
oh yeah, replace your failed device with a refurbished one.
Good for you.
16. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
That is still going to stay fast and smooth no matter how much is installed.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Because there is no multitasking...
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
To clear browser cache one has to do a 5 finger smooch of screen go to settings -- clear cache then do 5 finger smooch again -- then click to open SUFFER-EEE browser again ... no wonder it will have speed because all the advantage of having that stupid sped is lost in doing 5 finger screen smooch (or hit that button ) :)
25. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Android is fast. iOS is smoother. Android can do a lot, while iOS will have a hard time with their OS. They desperately need to redesign it. But they can't do it without a lot of bugs. I would love to see them trying. Apple easily change there phone for a price above their manufacturing cost (atleast in my country and some other I know). So even while replacing, they get some profit. For Apple, there are only two concerned parties, investors and themselves. Their policies are formulated in such a way that it gives an "impression" of customer friendliness. Others, as they are also in mid & low range smartphones, can't follow the same policies. For others, customers do come into picture.
22. xfire99 (Posts: 798; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
U better read Apple policy again, after IP5 released and see if its so easily to get IP5 replaced.
28. anshul0000 (unregistered)
u r wrong....nokia replaced my e72 easily..
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
HAHAHA really great news, Lmao, it should'ev been $2.0000.0000
2. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Quale bruto bestia è Apple e come egoista!
Tutto stupito e iTutti Fruti!
3. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I can see now apple as bad piggies getting hit by angry birds all over the world. Bad luck apple but you've started lying to your golden customers.
4. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Gotta love it when things like this happen to screw over the consumers, the consumers in question never get reimbursed for it, it just gives the government a way to make a little profit off of Apple not following the laws.
The government shuold have fined them yes, but should have fined them for the amount of every Applecare+ sale made in the country to reimburse purchasers PLUS this 200k euros or whatever they deemed as additional punishment.
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And since this is "Wilfull" fraud the fine should be three times ...
8. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Thieves plain and simple, always have been this is just another tool within their toolbox to use upon their unsuspecting customers. Other Tools, selling the same product for years and calling it "evolutionary" "ground breaking" and "good" .... Lies left right up and down. But hey when you buy into the apple brand and family that is what you are given in return for paying top dollar for a sub par product not only do they rip you off to your face with jacking the price through the roof that china knock offs are beating for a 1/3 of the price. BUT they are also raping you behind the scenes as well. OUCH
9. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Funny, they did it once, got fined, then turn around and did it again.
14. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
f**kers charge MS in the millions. APPLE a measly $200,000. What is it with Apple they can't seem to touch?
18. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A 2 yr warranty has always been the legal free right of every person in Europe. Glad to see apple getting fined for not only depriving susceptibile Ifans of their legal rights.
27. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
so, Apple Care everynothing, everynoone. everynowhere but Apple Care Sue/pantent every things, everyone, every where
i thing i'm gonna get another warn. should checked my gmail everyday.