Apple files patent for iPhone friendly optical stylus
0. phoneArena 24 May 2012, 08:16 posted on
As surprising as it may seem, Apple is apparently working on a stylus, of all things; a stylus that is meant to work with the company's portable devices, such as the iPhone. How do we know? Well, Apple has filed a patent application for such an accessory, meaning that it might materialize one day making those Draw Something sessions a lot more enjoyable...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tedkord (Posts: 11984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"It's like we said on the iPad, if you see a stylus, they blew it. " - Steve Jobs
3. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Steve Jobs is dead.
Tim Cook is the new CEO.
If Apple consumers are asking for something, allow Apple to come to those demands. Jobs was a great man, but the antenna gate showed that he may not have always had his ears open...something that bothered me a bit. If this is what consumers want, I'm glad Apple is answering...
4. tedkord (Posts: 11984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Steve Jobs is dead? When did that happen?
8. hepresearch (unregistered)
I was just asking myself the same question about Elvis...
12. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Elvis might be dead, but his voice will live forever ;)
32. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Hey, I just saw on the National Enquirer the Steve Jobs was spotted at a 711 in the South somewhere...lol
6. KingShango (Posts: 89; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Agreed. Jobs was innovative certainly had a vision but that doesn't mean he was always right. The popularity of Android shows that there's more than one way to do things.
13. tedkord (Posts: 11984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm just saying...if Apple had come up with this "intelligent stylus" three years ago, we'd hear nothing but yells of, "Samsung copies!!!!" when the Galaxy Note came out.
But, with the situation reversed, what iFan do you suppose will come to this story and admit Apple is now copying Samsung? (I think some might, but not most)
18. hepresearch (unregistered)
Already happening even without the situation being reversed. Case-in-point: comment #16... and so it begins!
69. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Umm Samsung doesn't have an intelligent stylus so you have no point
70. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
apple doesnt have intelligent trolls, so you have no point.
78. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
right because Apple doesnt call them trolls..
72. tedkord (Posts: 11984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, no. Of course not. Not inside the RDF. What color is the sky in there, where Apple just came up with this idea of a stylus that does more than just replace a fingertap on the screen out of thin air?
90. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
No, but HTC did. Once again.... Apple never copies anything.
5. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Optical Stylus my a**. How is this different from light pen?
7. superguy (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Waiting for Samsung to file a law suit in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
28. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Why? Sammy didn't invent that either..
88. tedkord (Posts: 11984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple didn't invent rectangles, grids of icons, touchscreens, multi-touch, popup menus to choose default actions when clicking a link, or smartphones in general, but that doesn't stop them suing.
9. mercorp (Posts: 1030; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Samsung will soon file a lawsuit.
Will the iphone 5 come with a 5.5 inch screen?Hope so.
51. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i would laugh myself to death if they create an iNote device...hahaha
14. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Lol...Apple is one hell of a company. XD
99. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple is ONE of the most hated company
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
waiting for taco to come out and start yelling that samsung copied apple's "obvious" stylus design and should be sued!
16. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Good job for Apple patenting it or else Samsung/Google will once again rip it shameless and claim credits.
17. hepresearch (unregistered)
We've already got one!
(I told them 'we've already got one'... chuckle chuckle...)