Apple files patent for headset that harkens Oculus Rift
0. phoneArena 11 Dec 2013, 23:14 posted on
Apple has advanced its patent portfolio a bit with a new personal display system that fits the mold of the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I mean I guess it's good for those who have glasses since it will adapt, but um.. yeah.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1883; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Eyesight correction inputs is a really nice idea.
4. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
At least they could have drawn the ears properly, on my!!
5. Exile SS (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
Yes apple, don't originate your own ideas. Just take those of others and slap your logo on it, then sell it for 10X the normal price.......
20. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Calm down. Are you complaining about car companies that are making cars even though they didn't invent the first one? Should every household appliance only be made by the original company that invented them? WTF kind of world are you trying to live in. Good ideas are good ideas and shuold be mimicked for the sake of the consumers. More options are always better. You don't dislike Apple, you dislike people who buy Apples stuff and for that I ask you why you think your opinion is superior to those consumers?
6. winter_hat (Posts: 47; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
How is this a patent? It looks like an idea. An idea that was in movies in the 70s. Anyway, I'm sure it was hipster on kickstarter, but now the same supporters will say it's sucks since Apple owns it. Lol faux hipsters.
10. taz89 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol exactly it looks like Apple are being granted patents for products that have not been made or can make. How is this any different to say trying to patent a flying car lol yh if you can patent an idea without a product or method then the future of patent trolling is going to be getting worse.
13. PBXtech (Posts: 467; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Patent system has been a joke since they changed it from first to invent to first to patent. Any corporation with money like Apple can hire a room fool of people to think tank ideas for the sole purpose of patenting those ideas. Lawsuits to follow, regardless if the patent holder ever built it or not.
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 1866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
And Doom the rest of us without the big dough to fence off those patent troll lawsuits.
16. techaman (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
yeah the others that where sold at brookstone, why is the rift guys allowing this and why is the inventors of the ski goggles not speaking out, i guess if you look around on the internet you will find some nice things to put your name on and sell for tons of cash.
8. promise7 (Posts: 204; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
What this article didn't mention is that this patent was originally filed in 2007, and it took until now to finally get approved.
9. pongkie (Posts: 491; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
see that they've patented bald heads! damn you jony ive
11. toiletcleaner (Posts: 176; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Night vision is already made. We dont need any more thanks
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 630; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
this will def ruin people's vision......
14. linaresx (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Finally, something to control these damn plasma beams!!
17. techaman (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
hahahahaha i love it cause am a nerd. lol
18. SellPhones82 (Posts: 362; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
....and people said Google Glass looks stupid...is a snorkel included by chance? Also how do these stay on your face? Suction cup maybe?
19. Sauce (Posts: 740; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Most patents for all companies do not show what the actual product looks like. You should know that. It's quite common sense.