Apple files patent application for Retina display on video glasses
0. phoneArena 27 Jul 2012, 01:24 posted on
Apple has filed a patent application for a method that delivers Retina display images over video glasses and while the design seems to resemble Google Glass, this is not a design patent and besides, Apple has a patent that pre-dates Google's patent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Google, please release your glasses within a year.
Apple is going to say some bullsh*t about how they came first and start suing.
A patent for high quality images? Really?
11. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
correct. Google glass should be materialized ASAP before apple steal the show!
3. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 647; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Not again. As much as I liv my iPhone, I'm beginning to hate Apple as a brand, strangling the techno innovationS with their "inventions" without any working prototypes
31. galaxyisking (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
(B I) SO G A A A Y.......... yea when they us to innovate would sound better.
5. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 647; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
And I stand to be corrected here. Since when does Apple make their own screens and displays?
6. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Lol, a delivery method to deliver Retina display quality images? How freaking vague can you this? This is basically saying that no one else can use HD in video glasses using one glass...if the USPTO gives this patent then USPTO is full of GARBAGE and then some. How in the hell can you even try to patent displaying HD visuals on a lens, the method you can probably say is yours, but HD visuals is not your idea, nor should it be allowed to be put under patent just because you applied it to your fancy monocle. This company would attempt to patent how iFans gasp when they see a new iDevice if they could...given the USPTO track record I can see that actually being awarded to them. I wouldn't put it past them, they did try to claim trademark on the word App, bunch of losers.
37. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Look at the silver bitten fruit..... I need that.... no i want that.... apple apple apple.... please if i don't have that i will die... lol... this is a they typical kid who sees there friends have a iPod, iPhone, or iPad and the reason they want one is be there friends have it.. any apple is full of it.... seems like they saw the prototype work Google did on project glass and were like we need something to trump them, ahh lets try to pantent retina on a micro display...
also if you reply i did read article and i hope you did 2.. so don't give me a they were doing this in 2006 because i'm stating on the jan 20th 2011 Patent filing.
Please world we need some type of Alliance to combat all the patents wars...maybe call it Alliance for Technology and Innovations.
7. kanagadeepan (Posts: 751; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Cr@pp1e proved that even if you are filthy rich, you can behave as cheap as anything...
Oh you rotten half-eaten fruit, GOD is watching you... Don't forgot that...
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh look! Apple is going to come through and shake up the market with neato glasses!
9. CypherCross (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
screw this s**t i'm gonna go unpack my old nintendo virtual boy and play now.
12. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Maybe this has some motive behind the apple maps? either way Google need to establish google glass and market them well.
Apples marketing is the best in the business
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So basically, what Apple is doing is bringing back a concept they never brought to fruition before, and it's because of Google's public and successful hype for their prototypes. And now they're basically setting themselves up so that no one else can have Retina resolution imagery on their wearable computer. Nice one, Apple. Continue to be anti f**king competitive.
"Well, ours might not do nearly as much, but it has a higher resolution than yours, and you can never match that because if you do we'll ban you, hyuck hyuck."
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Umm they filed the patents in 2006. What's your issue?
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The patent for a retina resolution display is recent, which is why it's news.
And if the original patents for such a device were filed in 2006, it means that Apple did f**k all with the idea until now, when Google is building genuine excitement for Project Glass.
It's simple really. My issue is that this "most innovative company in the world," as you call them, is not really innovating. They're gearing up to follow in Google's footsteps.
18. CypherCross (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
So what? Japan has been playing around with video glasses concept technology and virtual glasses since the 90s.... again, already existed tech/idea... as for high def resolution image on the glass. SONY already released a personal 3d viewer device with HD resolution on each glass. Nothing new here, move along! Apple SUCK!
33. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
My engineering professor had wore something like this in the 1970s... and he did patent it well before Apple did.
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
and also eric schmidt is in apple's board that year. coincidence?
14. madmikepr (Posts: 134; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
''I sense that Vegeta has gone to Super Saiyan'' lmfao xD
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Vegeta should use his Gallot Gun attack against Apple's patent
38. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Vageta is a Super Saiyan, what would he be using a gun for?
15. CypherCross (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
"It's over 9000!!!" that will be the price of this thing.
24. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Now what apple?. I can't use my eyes anymore?
25. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Dragonball Z should sue Apple stealing their scouters !!! That'll teach Apple a thing or 2
39. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Dragonball Z doesnt own anything on scouters if they did google would of been sued
27. Reepa (Posts: 19; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I had to check on that....your so abt mr Eric being a apart of apple board....get d drift people. The glasses idea wasn't google's to begin with. Eric stole Apple's idea.......smh
28. rob5150 (Posts: 134; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Patents in this type of field are garbage. It's got to stop. I'm going to patent a hammer. A hammer that can hammer nails into some new fangled board that no one knows about yet. And that encompasses any and all future unknown materials.
No sorry you can't do that... why not? Apple does that....
29. aahmed215 (Posts: 95; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
They are gearing up to sue Google when they release Google Glasses to the public. This is getting out of hand from Apple. I hope the company goes down for trying to stifle competition.
30. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Anything incremental should never ever receive a patent. Just 'adding more' is not innovative in any way shape or form.
Could you imagine all the patents that could have filed when PC's were competing with escalating processor speeds?!
32. Droid4Life (unregistered)
...and apple sues everybody else right before they rip off google.
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple is a bunch of f**king TURDS they need to get their lazy a$$es off and invent new ideas not copying GOOGLE and worrying bout your stock. Stocks drop everh qtr.