Apple files claim to take over iPad3.com
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Jun 2012, 12:10
Even though Apple opted to call its latest iPad release the new iPad rather than the iPad 3, there are still hordes of people that associate the name iPad 3 with the iOS powered slate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. NexusKoolaid posted on 29 Jun 2012, 12:40 15 3
No, I think they'll call the next one "The Newer iPad" - only to be followed the next year by "the Newerer iPad".
2. Santi_Santi posted on 29 Jun 2012, 12:17 17 3
Apple sues almost for everything. Eat an apple and you will be sued. OH YEAH!
16. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 30 Jun 2012, 01:15 3 1
Haha nice one, i guess you cant even call the fruit Apple any more.. if you do they will sue you :D
5. sarb009 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 12:44 12 1
Thats what they only know and do. sue everyone claim everything the whole world is ours because we have 100 billion $.
7. OptimusOne posted on 29 Jun 2012, 13:10 7 1
i am going to register ipad4.com, ipad5.com, iphone5G.com etc then sell the domain names to apple
17. Santi_Santi posted on 30 Jun 2012, 11:37 0 0
you cannot sell em... they will sue you untill you release em without paying for it...
8. tluv00 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 14:03 5 1
For an innovative, patent trolling company you would think they would have bought those domain names years ago and save themselves the cost of having to pry it away from someone smart enough to do so.
14. androidsbiggestfan posted on 29 Jun 2012, 18:43 1 1
I know right, its not like the domains are expensive, like $10 each at the most.
10. jove39 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 14:13 3 0
Suits in Apple are trying to milk every little drop from their jobs.
11. matrix_neo posted on 29 Jun 2012, 14:31 2 1
Another bad image apple created. ipad3.com started it's business before first ipad was was launched. so ridiculous!!! what's next domain apple will take over??? my advice for these domains it's name associated with apple products, ask for compensation, apple's billions can afford to pay it. so sad their sheep will face the consequences, their pockets will be empty lol
12. jmoita2 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 15:30 5 1
Is there anyone Apple wont sue??? This is pathetic.
13. medicci37 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 16:10 3 1
Being that Apple does not even call the 3rd ipad, theipad 3, I don't see how they can claim the domain. POS is another popular term(I myself have used this 1on several occasions) for Idevices. So can Apple take control of that name as well ?