Apple files claim to take over iPad3.com
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2012, 12:10 posted on
Even though Apple opted to call its latest iPad release the new iPad rather than the iPad 3, there are still hordes of people that associate the name iPad 3 with the iOS powered slate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I think there would be a ipad 3 next year..
4. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 366; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
No, I think they'll call the next one "The Newer iPad" - only to be followed the next year by "the Newerer iPad".
2. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Apple sues almost for everything. Eat an apple and you will be sued. OH YEAH!
16. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Haha nice one, i guess you cant even call the fruit Apple any more.. if you do they will sue you :D
5. sarb009 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Thats what they only know and do. sue everyone claim everything the whole world is ours because we have 100 billion $.
7. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i am going to register ipad4.com, ipad5.com, iphone5G.com etc then sell the domain names to apple
17. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
you cannot sell em... they will sue you untill you release em without paying for it...
8. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
For an innovative, patent trolling company you would think they would have bought those domain names years ago and save themselves the cost of having to pry it away from someone smart enough to do so.
14. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
I know right, its not like the domains are expensive, like $10 each at the most.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1502; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Suits in Apple are trying to milk every little drop from their jobs.
11. matrix_neo (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Another bad image apple created. ipad3.com started it's business before first ipad was was launched. so ridiculous!!! what's next domain apple will take over??? my advice for these domains it's name associated with apple products, ask for compensation, apple's billions can afford to pay it. so sad their sheep will face the consequences, their pockets will be empty lol
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Is there anyone Apple wont sue??? This is pathetic.
13. medicci37 (Posts: 1098; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Being that Apple does not even call the 3rd ipad, theipad 3, I don't see how they can claim the domain. POS is another popular term(I myself have used this 1on several occasions) for Idevices. So can Apple take control of that name as well ?