Apple fans from across the world line up for the iPhone 5, here are videos from the lines
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 08:39 posted on
Today is the day for Apple fans - the iPhone 5 is finally launching and if you live in one of the few countries - the United States included - where the device…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I hate ios6, but I have to give credit to the design and premium feel. I want a phone using those materials running android jellybean.
17. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
i forgot to add that the xperia v isn't only premium and good looking, it's also water proof :D
11. DonkeySauce (Posts: 156; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
The guy in picture looks like such a douche. What kind of complex do you have to have to spend a week in line, spend a fortune on a phone, and then hold it up and celebrate like you are spiking the ball at the superbowl?
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Even though I doesn't have one yet...
I'm proud to be one of them :)
Thumb me down if you can fandroid :P
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you really like playing both sides dont you, you dont stand by anything you say, you just troll for the sake of trolling
you go from been a sad ifan, to a ravving fandroid then mix the 2......
so Mr wendygarett dont say ''fandroid'' when you act like one too
38. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
you live in indonesia don't you ? too bad indonesia doesn't have that kind of apple store :( everything blackberry
blackberry = derp
13. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
best and biggest troll in history ever: when iphone 6 or whatever it will be called launches next year, we, android users (windows phone users are welcome to join us too :P) will stand in this line, like, all of us together in the line, and when we enter the apple store, just ask where is the *enter your favorite android device's name* :D.
14. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I personally wouldn't stand in line for an iPhone, or any product, but I can understand why people do. It might not be about being the first to get the device... it could just be about the adventure (loosely used) and excitement. Let’s face it, some people are just fans and want to be a part of the excitement....
The same thing happens when a popular move comes out (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings) Also, people line up for huge sales... especially during the holidays (Black Friday).
I'd say that the fans have some fun. Don’t be so judgmental!
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
About time some one understands. Good post bro, these r people who want, and have the rite and money to purchase what they want. Nothing more nothing less. The android users want android let the apple users have what they want, and just leave it b. I'm standing in line as I write this having a ball. Socializing with people, drinking coffee on my iPad just chillin. When a new android device launches do u see apple fans dogging it n mass? No! Sometimes these comments r so dumb u jus gotta laugh. Anyway Dave good post man. Looking forward to my ip5.
58. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Thanks for the reply bro!
Keep us posted on the iPhone. I'd love to hear an unbiased opinion on it.
Anyway, I'm glad someone is intelligent enough to understand freedom of choice. Standing in line to be one of the first to get the iPhone does not make you a fanboy.
Its all about having fun and enjoying the experience. Like I said... I wouldn't stand in line for any new product. But I can definitely respect people who would because I can see the REAL reasons behind the action.
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My review will give all the good and all the bad, and I'll start with maps since its taking the most heat.
76. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Maps isn't as bad as reported bro I'm sure it'll work great for you... I was pleased with it...
Must be nice waiting in line sharing your thoughts with the phonearena community...
I actually am eligible for upgrade now but I need to sell my 4S first... Any suggestions???
85. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I think the best bet to sell your iPhone 4s is Ebay. I believe there is a buy it now section that is currently paying top $ for the device and it sells immediately.... Good Luck Dude!
74. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
I see this is the reasonable phone user section... I'm gonna hang out with you guys :-)
Peace in the midst of war!
I wouldn't stand in line either... But if hundreds of people show up to buy a phone guess what?
IT FORMS A "LINE" lol
16. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I prefer to keep my sanity for the rest of my life, sell my iPhone 4 and buy a SGS3. :)
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gs3 is a great phone hope u enjoy it. Can't go wrong with Sammy, but y r u insane to choose apple? These r jus phones rite.
99. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1579; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
God, can you at least try to type words out correctly like "you" and "are"? Does it save you that much time? You look retarded...
124. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope not retarded maybe ( u r ) lmao. It seems like u r bothered by me. If u r then I'm sorry, but u r stupid based on ur posts. I hope u r having a nice day lol
19. mercorp (Posts: 967; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Waiting for lumia 920 instead..
24. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Why does it matter to y'all that their standing outside? It's their life and they might like the thrill. I ordered mine online and just received it but I see nothing wrong with waiting for a product.
25. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I just don't understand why these people don't pre-order. It'll take some weeks for developers to update their apps for the fragmentation anyway..
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Y do they have to preorder? If they want to stand in line, and get the phone on launch day what's the problem? That's what I'm doing rite now.
32. krypticsoul (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Dec 2009)
Its kinda scary. I see them like ZOMBIES in line waiting for the freshest brain to be given out.
Sign of the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!
57. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Really. your so smart. your father told u. i was reading ur old post. how can u. ur inteligent.
56. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Rotflmfao that was really so funny.... OMG. That was cheap and nasty. But they still bye Apple.
34. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
This phone is iconic!
Bigger than specs and innovation...
Apple has done it again...
Clearly not the best phone on the market but DAMN they know how to get people to buy it!
37. Aeires (unregistered)
Aww, that's adorable, they were counting down the seconds for the Samsung LTE lawsuit.
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now that is funny as heck. Lol good one
42. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
I remember the same madness during World War II; an evil dictator blindly followed and supported in fear of repriSal.
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon Connie really? Comparing a wait for a phone to WWII... How long does it take u guys to come up with these comments lmao?!
77. Hallucinator (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 May 2010)
The only thing your comment proves is that you are old.
80. kindlefireowner (Posts: 341; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Apple hater's remind me of those crazy Muslims reacting to a movie. It's just a phone.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 10650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
30 minutes and its good to go. I'm first in line for a 64 gig white ip5. Been looking forward to a 4 in. screen and LTE on an iPhone for awhile. Lets rock!!!
52. Raj92 (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
zindagi jhandwa fir bhi ghamandwa................
61. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
if you look closely to australia's video, you'll see a " foods, phones, wants, needs" if you know what i mean
it's pretty funny actually
75. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
wow!! why wait on line for hours when i can order it online and get it today...Thats is soooo stupid!
78. s1ebee (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
The 4th video is Covent Garden in London, England, not Italy. It just has an Italian talking..... That doesn't detract from the fact that all the people in all of the videos need to find better things to do with their time
79. Hallucinator (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I waited in line for the IP4 and it was pretty fun. However i ordered the 4s online and let it ship to me because I didnt want the hassle. I skipped the 5 all together and decided to wait and see what else was coming. Im on Verizon and was hoping for a really good wp8 phone and of course I am very intrigued with the Note 2. However if I was going to get the IP5 I don't see what the big deal is if these people want to stand in line. It is 100% their choice. Anyone who judges them for it is wrong.
82. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 989; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
makes no sense to me why you're treated like a celebrity about a phone that other companies already have when it comes tonew features (larger screen, LTE-connectivity, faster processor). They can keep all of that hoopla while i look forward to the Note II
83. Cha7520 (Posts: 210; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
wow...really? ALL THAT for a phone that doesn't even compare to whats already out on the market? LAME!~
84. The_Innovation (Posts: 538; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Then they have the nerve to complain about the economy.
Obama or Romney? Just give me an iPhone 5!
87. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I don't understand why people get so mad when people try to point out how much better android is than ios. It's not that we are trying to bully everyone into getting an android phone, its because so many people are so brainwashed into thinking that the iphone is the only phone. When I show my GS3 to friends, even though they are bombarded with GS3 commercials, they are still unaware of how many more things you can do with high end android phones.
As a CS major, my ios friends are amazed at the fact that you don't need to jump through so many hoops just to create and export apps. The only thing iOS has going for it is the fact that absolutely anyone can figure it out and that I have to admit, it is still currently smoother than the latest android phones but it is lacking in the features department
94. antmiu2 (Posts: 197; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
sheeps everywhere, this post gave me cancer
96. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1579; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I don't care who you are, ANYONE who waits in line for a damn phone, Apple, Android, WP or whatever. You are a sad, pathetic excuse for a human being, please get a life. I weep and fear for what society is becoming.
120. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1579; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I am angry, angry this country and this world is going down the toilet. No thanks to shows like the Jersey Shore I might add.
97. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
WHo are the bigger douches. The people cheering for the people who bought a phone or that douche who raises his arms in victory for buying a phone?
102. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6283; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
what kind of idiot would stand in line for a dumb a$$ phone? million of ish33ps waiting in line. YOu don't see me standing in line waiting for hours waiting for the same phone
105. networkdood (Posts: 6264; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You will be warned...LOL...but I hear you...this phone is not even close to waiting in line for...applied great at brainwashing, though.
104. networkdood (Posts: 6264; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Then if they are not eligible they call to their providers and whine....
106. networkdood (Posts: 6264; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My kids were correct...the zombie apocalypse is here.
108. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
The news coverage and consumer videos on you tube about lines for a droid or galaxy are awesome. It's amazing how much coverage there is, Oh wait it's apple. Since nobody in the media or news stations care to show up at a store when a Samsung releases. APPLE WINS AGAIN.