Apple fans from across the world line up for the iPhone 5, here are videos from the lines
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 08:39 posted on
Today is the day for Apple fans - the iPhone 5 is finally launching and if you live in one of the few countries - the United States included - where the device…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion it is stupid. I would understand if it was Africa and free food instead of phone but now it is just stupid...
3. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
for me it's puzzling, don't know why.
45. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Hey, I might have answer for this puzzle.
Based on my observation while watching the videos, it seems like they're all treated like celebrities while in line for the newest iteration of the iPhone. Cameras and lines of Apple geniuses are there to be like paparazzi and fans while they enter the apple store. Also, having the bragging rights first.
But the whole thing is so damn ridiculous.
86. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3489; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
A few years, or maybe even months, from now, they will have a flash back of what happened this very day and some of them will surely say, "OMG, did i really wait in line for that long just for that piece of fragile glass? Dear Lord, it's kind of embarassing. Hope no one remembers my face." Don't worry...PA has made you famous.
Do you know what's more ridiculous? I think there is something more ridiculous...that PA had to post this article along with 5 videos.
I seriously don't think PA will go behind any queue related to other phone manufacturers on their release date.
PA, why didn't you take the names of every 1st customer of every 5 spot while you were at it? So you can start another article with that??? Darn...i'm tired of seeing and hearing of Apple. There's three in the fridge, i don't even want to look at it (I meant the real fruit, not iP5).
88. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that current video material doesn't belong for phonearena.com.
93. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3489; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Ok, forget about the following thingy. That apart, the rest is still valid...
92. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
can't blame PA for this. Hate it or love it, iPhone will always have the biggest bang, at least for now.
Besides, this article is somewhat amusing. Seeing people practicing their stupidity at its fullest.
131. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3489; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't know why they're all so excited!
What's the deal with the queue anyway?
Even if they want it so bad, it'll be available full stock in a few months...are they without patience??
And knowing all those people will be holding the same device after all this is done, is a painful knowledge for me. I want a good phone, but i don't want what everyone else is holding in their hands...
O well, i don't think they care much about how it looks since the phone itself is a near cousin of the old 4S.
10. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Totally agree with U Sir. Those people looks like hmm... Dont know how to described them, are they even human? With no brain and no life? Zombie or android (in true meaning) ?
40. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
There not. Thats what Google says if u type eshp.
31. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
ha, do you live in africa ?
71. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If you are asking me, then no, I live in Lithuania (Europe).
53. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
this epitomises ifans and the whole iphone cult way of things,the iphone is seen as a status statement or a statement of coolness or material possession,you can guarante those ifans holding the iphone 5 over their heads like an olympic gold gold medal are litterally thinking "Look at me world,look at what i've got and achieved"
63. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
True agree. but thats the only thing they can afford. if they wana show off. wheres the Designer clothes to match it. Ralph Lauren shirt. Armani jeans. Patrick Cox loafers. D&G jumbers. etc.
110. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
talk to em.....lol
65. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 381; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I have seen here no of hateful comments for iphone 5.But these hateful comments are building iphone profits.its people love for the device.apple is breaking records year by year with less hardware upgradation.i dont have a iphone & i will never buy it.
72. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
It's just...pathethic :) people feeling great for achieving a status symbol that everyone will have anyway. They just show how the mass can be easily driven. Once upon a time it was cool to have unique, kitsch stuff that could even describe someone's personality - now it's cool to be enslaved by a trillionaire company...boh
2. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Man what world do these users live in . Android already had this and is more advanced. What so special about this same design and same everything, buying it over and over again. What sad pathetic people.
35. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
no bro but you are. Why would u wana buy Apples half-baked products. Dont u like ur freedom. Why so many restrictions and less feautres. its a high price midrange app launcher phone. why wouldnt anyone use or buy LINUX. You are free to do what ever u desire. Why should Appl control me.
89. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8938; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Half baked? You mean like some of the issues users complain about on some of the popular Android devices?
Freedom and restrictions like locked bootloaders on Motorola?
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who cares what android has, this is the platform they like. Everyone doesn't like android, just like everyone doesn't like the lakers. Grow up
29. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true not everyone likes android but the fact you get this reaction is the shameless hyping iOS gets from uniformed or just downright stupid users like Mxyzptlk
and @ darkkjedii your always quick defending apple arent you yet claim your not one sided...ive yet to see you say anything good about other os's
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I always give android it's props its the only other os I use. I will not sit idley by while others get insulted jus bcuz they make an honest living and spend their money the way they like. They choose apple and isn't that what androids all about... Choice?
43. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
So please lets all educate those ifans and users and brainwashed people that Android is freedom. not Prison.
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx for the lesson ill b sure to ask Siri about it too when I get my ip5 in about 25 minutes. I'm first in line
66. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Hahaha good come back bro... Enjoy your iPhone...
100. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx bro it's great so far. Maps is 10x better than what's being said about it.
95. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1708; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
WOW, you are even more pathetic than I imagined. Such a waste...
101. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm pathetic jus Bcuz of a phone? I work pay taxes am not violent take care of my son and his mom never get into trouble, and am a all around nice guy but my choice of phones makes me pathetic huh? Lmao!!!
121. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1708; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
His mom? So not your wife? LOL So you're also irresponsible. But no, not just because of a phone, because you choose to wait in line for one when you could be spending time with your son or saving that money for his college education. Did you take time off work? I thought so.
73. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You sound like a juvenile little twit.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your not getting it , on here its not about what they have chosen its the fact its rammed down everyone elses throat, the fact even reviewers etc are biased and the apple fans on here are beyond a joke
if they said ' i chose the iphone becuase its what im used to plus i have lots of apps'' fine done but no they say crap like '' iphones best apple rule ''or slag off android ...even when android aint mentioned.....yes same goes for some fandroids but you seen it , the ifans are the worst........again i refer you to Mxyzptlk, seriou9010, gallitking or wateva his name is
68. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Haha glad to see I made this ridiculous list... I'm a former android user... (Getting a nexus 7 soon) and I'm very impressed with the note 2
But android fans in here are so out of control man... Calm down with the hate...
I have an iPhone and iPad because I too use to bash apple but never once used its products... Now that I have, I have far more respect for its functionality... I will be getting the iPhone 5 in white
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true bro we have fanatics on both side. I choose apple cuz it's a good os that I'm deeply vested in but I'm an android fan and owner also. Htc one x international is at home charging. Dude some guy was buying IPhones like crazy last nite. Sold him my 64 gig 4S for 375$ I was like he'll yeah!!! I think he sells them on eBay
67. kindlefireowner (Posts: 497; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
"Choice". Well said. Andriod users are annoying. Here is something. Don't read and comment on Apple articles everyday if you hate Apple.
126. karoafriyie (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
YEA BUT IS HARD TO BELIEVE WHEN PEOPLE DROP THE BEST FOR MEDIOCRE
36. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
but no one likes Apple. Darkjedi ur a wize smart techy guy. Why. i wouldnt take that prison phone or ios for free.
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude iOS is a good platform. Android has its advantages and so does iOS. They both also have their shortcomings. I've got a lot vested n iOS though so it's my go to os since my first iPod in 02. But u can't go wrong either way in my book. I do have a Htc one x too btw
62. darkkjedii (Posts: 18400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Another good reason I go with iPhones is resale value. My 4S is a year old and still commands almost 400. I sold it last nite for 375 and paid 432 last year after tax. That's not bad bro
90. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8938; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Don't try and reason with them. They will not listen.
118. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate dont try sounding mature, your a bad apple troll no 2 ways about it
4. astronot (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Omg, morons :) There is probably no way they admit they were waiting and waisting their time for an average but expensive phone .
22. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8938; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Average that will outlast any Android phone. That is a fact because I've seen reports of people stuck with an Android phone for almost two years that did not last past a year. Look at the users who are stuck with the Droid X2 and the many problems it has.
127. karoafriyie (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
THAT IS CALLED BRAINWASHING BRO THEY ARE BRAINWASHED
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
lot of free time with nothing to do so this is once a year calorie burning event that they engage into on streets.
6. iPhoneArena (banned) (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Please change the name of this website to iPhoneArena
Next article should be "Tim Cook went to the toilet and farted"
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
There are 2 articles in 2 hrs related to ""iPhone 5 sale" today. Speed is disappointing. On this release date there should have been an article on iPhone nsales every 15 minutes or so ...
69. kindlefireowner (Posts: 497; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Try this. Only read android articles that you are interested in. Skip everything Apple if you hate Apple that much.
Android lover's remind me of those crazy Muslims reacting to a movie.
107. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
again same can be said for ifans
love how you always miss that, always one sided why?
115. bonsly16 (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Could you show me PA articles where the majority of the comments are from "iSheeps" hating a certain Android device. From what I've seen personally, 70% of the commenters whether on an Android or Apple article are fans of Android. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
119. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate you just have to look for all the comments from gallitking (or summit like that) serious9010, Mxyzptlk and taco...was another one but anyway they are just as bad...
bored with comments slagging off all android users and not even acknowledging the apple fanatics who are just as bad if not worse (look at some of there immature past a joke comments)
123. bonsly16 (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
So...three or four people versus the whole armada of Android fans. Hmm...the top/thumbed up comments of most if not every article in PA are from Android fan users. I'm not hating...really I am not. What I am extremely annoyed about is when people like you enforce the idea that a whole flock of iSheeps constantly flood the comments with insipid remarks when in reality, the Android fans are the ones flooding the comments with such hate towards Apple. Thar's what I cannot, absolutely cannot condone.
8. drazyw (unregistered)
I dunno. Looks kinda fun. Wish I liked Apple products. I've tried. I just don't. Oh well.