Apple fans forming lines again to get the iPhone 4S first, iOS 5 and iCloud launch turbulent
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2011, 03:46 posted on
It seems that the cult status of the iPhone has only been enhanced by the passing of Steve Jobs, since stores around the world and here in the US are seeing lines of people waiting even overnight to get their hands on the Apple iPhone 4S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. goflet (unregistered)
i will never understand why a person does such a thing for an electronic device.i think their lives are so empty
2. mrgmg (unregistered)
apple brainwash people
4. bossmt_2 (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I agree 100%, something that you can buy a month later is not worth wasting time I can be doing something productive instead like sleeping, eating, working, exercise, etc. Superbowl tickets, things like that which are effectively once in a lifetime experiences, not for a phone which even if it's sold out for months, you'll be able to get eventually.
10. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i think these people just want to be a part of something (anything really). its a bragging rights, i was there sort of thing, but i agree it is very silly.
15. bossmt_2 (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Oh I know, just like why tailgating is so popular, winning sports teams are popular, etc. But I just don't get it myself. I waited one time to pickup a pre-order on a video game at midnight and it was way too annoying I wouldn't do that again, and the line there was maybe 50 people deep and it was for something I would get for sure.
18. Boo Ya! (unregistered)
Boo ya! I did something like this once. I waited outside a Bestbuy at midnight when The Dark Knight came out on blue ray. I felt like such an idiot. Never again for anything! BOOOOOO ya.
3. skaar18 (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
wow, I didn't think their were so many retards! Overnight? for a phone?
46. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
I like the iPhone over other smartphones but I agree with you. This has become good ol' fashoned idolatry. When people overexert themselves for a pocket sized electronic device.
Dear fellow iPhone users,
This phone may be cool, but remember, it'll be old news next year and you'll be right back where you are right now. Find Jesus for goodness sake.
7. android_hitman (unregistered)
aahahahahah you can bet on it
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, his lazy ass is probably making his parents wait in line so he can sit at home eating hot pockets and trolling the iterwebz.. lol
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You guys are good comedy.
Just tearing this dude up.
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I have a lot of fans here glad you guys are thinking about me.
9. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You never really can underestimate how many braindead people there are out there in the world,but in the age of fairness and equality its a great thing in hindsight that the braindead,easily lead and controlled of society can have a smartphone designed especially for themselves even if it is overpriced,exact same phone as last year but renamed iphone 4s,as long as it keeps them happen them aware folk will be left in peace and freedom
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well if android has more market share doesn't that make you the person with the masses and the follower?
43. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
No...each one of our phones are different, jibroni.
11. droidcandy13895 (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
hey guys is Taco also lining up....do tell her to use sunscreen timely.....her screen should have the same pixel density as iphone when she returns
she is really hot isn't it....why is she isheep. What will she take to throw it in pothole
36. NewPlayer (unregistered)
Excuse me, but if you think that "these people" have no life because they're wiling to line up (and even stay overnight outside the store) for an Apple product, then I guess that you would also agree on that all Android fans that form a "virtual line up" and start posting non-stop negative comments the second after an article regarding Apple pops up in this page, are also people who have no life, right?
I mean, it's just me assuming that your reasoning is coherent.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
*debates getting up and going out to screw around with the people in line at my local Apple store*
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sorry, sleep ended up being the more compelling option, esp since I have to work today. There's always next year. ;)
17. 3MTA3 (unregistered)
All that waiting in line for a phone that is outdated and it isn't even out yet.
20. nostevesheep (unregistered)
The Zombies & iSheep season is back. Just in time to enjoy there annual treat from Apple.
The moral of the story: iPhone owner is the least patient fool on earth :P
21. AbsentbebniM (unregistered)
I find it utterly amazing the logic of "you've got to be braindead/mindless/isheep/idiots to wait in line for something you can eventually get later without the hassle" set forth by the commenters thus far.
I would love to see anyone NOT fall into this category a some point during their life... or even their day-to-day habits.
In practice, this would mean:
- No waiting for that mega roller coaster ride... why bother? ...you can just come back on an off day at the park and walk right up to it.
- No waiting to check out groceries... why bother? ...you can just come back later when things have died down.
- No waiting to order food at the drive-thru... why bother? ...a lot of fast food restaurants have extended their hours or even offer 24, you can just come back later.
@bossmt_2 - Very well put. I wish more people on here would actually put some effort into what they choose to share.
@andro. - I appreciate that you have the ability to no just blurt out some nonsensical 'tweet' like others; however, your inability to proofread your own writing... allowing improper punctuation and autocorrection... does nothing for your case that you are not part of the braindead that you wish to call out.
@Junior - I totally agree. He did not have to do that. Though his official standing as an Apple employee is in question (due to his leaving many years ago), he could probably have gotten one by phoning Tim Cook directly... who probably would've delivered it to him himself. Gotta love Woz.
As an aside... I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S. With an upgrade discount, and selling my iPod (whose function will be wholly replaced), I paid next to nothing. It was sent free of charge via UPS 2-Day Air, I will have it before the end of the night, and I can activate it online.
I know... such a braindead isheep move on my part... but, what can someone brainwashed by Apple do? I have such an empty life...
25. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You're kind of a dumbass.
32. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Actually he put out a thought out post. Only dumb ass is you. Not surprised though. Most android users are uneducated followers.
42. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Says the guy that masturbates to his phone, and I'm not talking the pictures on it....
22. rome1987 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 May 2011)
where was all the comments about sheep and dumb people when it was Samsung? everyone gave thumbs up for them but when its apple you say they are sheep. Apple news stories always have pages of comment (good or bad) and you wonder why they are still so popular even when Google is ahead. stop giving them so much attention (bad publicity is still publicity) if you don't like them, you are just helping a product you don't like stay relevant.
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Trust me, twenty jackasses (myself included) on a web site aren't going to do fiddly to increase or decrease the popularity of the iPhone.
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's a good question why didn't you guys bash people that were in line for Samsung phones? Of course Samsung had to give away their phone so people would line up.
38. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I don't recall saying anything good or bad about people lining up for the SGS2. It's a great phone anyway, so why would I bash anyone for wanting it?
Incidentally, where did I bash people for lining up for the 4S?
39. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
13. Sniggly posted on 5 hours ago 1
*debates getting up and going out to screw around with the people in line at my local Apple store*
40. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yep, I was considering screwing around with them. That wasn't going to include bashing. Just having some harmless, friendly fun.
41. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well yea you'd be too much of a coward to bash someone to their face. The Internet is a different story.
48. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Am I? Or maybe I'm actually just more mature in real life.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yea is Friday .. the trolls are already here... good morning... haters... ready for a record breaking day ....
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
says the guy that has a 80 year old man as his avatar......
33. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Gallito by the time today is over the iPhone will have already outsold pretty much every android phone that's been launched this year except galaxy tab. That one will take another week or so. Oh well fandroid boys will always have "activations" to talk about.
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true.. they have all their eggs on the Prime.... and will be free my X-mas... ICS will melt once it gets the iphone4S heat....
44. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
So...looks like you guys already started the "jerk circle".
At least you have Siri to get you off this go around.
Let me know what happens after you guys get done comparing your (identical) phones.
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow .. sorry you could not join our circle but we dont accept laggy phones that randomly starts... one you you will buy the iphone and we will include in our circle so please keep dreaming... pops
49. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
r these people are idiots for standing out in line I mean come on it's JUST A PHONE. I would never go out on a event like a phone just because it's something new then few months later the popularity would die down
50. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
***NEWSFLASH***... I saw people forming a line in the Samsung tent..... wait... never mind.. they are giving them for 2 dollars...lol....
51. theo14461 (Posts: 210; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
What's the big deal, I walked into my local AT&T store, and picked up a 4S within 30 mins. Jeez..
52. Gary D (unregistered)
There wouldn't be so many negative comments about Apple Zombies if there wasn't this much stupidity going on. Android fans like to point out how lifeless that Apple fanboys can get for something so minimal as this Iphone4S, and anything with and i in front of it. If Apple played the game fairly with other competitors there wouldn't be so much negativity about this greedy company.