Apple executive Schiller attacks Android
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:23
With less than 24 hours before the launch of the next flagship Android phone, Apple executive Phil Schiller made some negative comments about Google's open source mobile OS; besides bring up the "F" word-fragmentation-Schiller noted that because of the number of different companies that are involved in making Android phones, the platform "suffers"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:25 32 5
Business is business. You got to attack your rivals in anyway possible.
122. anywherehome posted on 14 Mar 2013, 11:08 0 1
No, Schiller is just a crying baby with his inferior iConboards :-)
123. sprockkets posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:59 0 1
Wow, 4.1 came out mid way last year Mr shiller, seems like you and Daniel Dilger share the same kind of BS reasoning.
"When you take an Android device out of the box, you have to sign up to nine accounts with different vendors to get the experience iOS comes with," the executive said. "They don't work seamlessly together."
WTF is he talking about? Nine accounts?
127. joey_sfb posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:15 0 0
Apple the richest company in the world going cheap! Apple I want to see a 20 minute Damn!! Samsung to hell advert.
Those empty words don't give jobs to anyone feed a single stomach!
22. MrJerry posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:44 6 4
But this time i can feel the pain in their ass unlike before lol
24. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:46 6 1
There's butthurt and pain from everyone on all sides of the business, market, consumers, etc. It's just how the game rolls.
106. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Mar 2013, 02:52 0 0
Sounds of desperation are emanating from Apple. Remember how cool-as-a-cucumber they were when they were on top of the world? Just a short stock price drop and they are all a-lashing out at Android.
I wonder if their options are now underwater?
29. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:52 7 20
Yup. Samsung likes to attack apple. It's only fair that they it in return.
35. MrJerry posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:58 7 3
So now Apple has to attact Sammy to manage things somehow to work?
I like it
47. ZeroCide posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:27 7 2
Didn't apple start the attacking it with that stupid rounded corners lawsuit.
Blah blah blah Thermonuclear warfare blah blah blah...
hmmmmm wonder how that is working out for them??? ;P
50. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:36 4 3
It is and has been a fail, Steve Blwjbs dreams have collapsed.
He wants Android and Samsung dead, no matter what they will litigate and spend all there assets on legal obligations and court and patent fees.
There is a unversal justice, the eyes of truth is always watching™®©
120. rusticguy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:53 0 0
This is "SHRILLER" talking ... and Apple's nervousness getting exposed :D
62. clark posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:19 7 1
Oh poor Schiller just admit that your trash iOS is a piece of junk. Instead of bashing android why don't you (Schiller) innovate and improve more of your iOS? You lose Schiller take it or leave it.
82. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:58 2 0
Phil's statement is only valid if there is a total overhaul in the iOS's functions and, majorly, looks!
He's talking about devices with old OSs on Android with major improvements in every update...but doesn't he know that iOS has been updating itself with new updates that always looks like the first one?
96. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:43 5 1
It is hypocritical, Apple have been sitting in their services and OS for 2 years now with little or no changes but Apple Maps, which was a fail at the beginning.
94. jroc74 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:29 1 0
Stay classy Schiller....stay classy.
At the same time....Google....continue to really stay classy and not stoop to his and others that bash you level. The MS, Nokia turkey thing Vic said aside...lol.
115. techspace posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:26 0 0
you are absolutely right, and we should never forget that these companies are working for money, not for us
every company like samsung, apple ,google , etc etc have fanboys, those fanboys do their best to support their favorite company, they waste hours and hours on arguing with the others and those companies don't even want them, they only want their money
in my view everyone in the world has the right to buy whatever he wants,the real losers are the ones who try to show that their favorite brand is the best in the world
we all know that every product has some pros and some cons, we can like one of them depending on our taste, why should we hate the others for not liking something that we do?
2. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:27 21 2
all iphones are powered with an operating system from 2010 there is no change at all between ios 4 and ios 6
4. microsoftnokiawin posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:29 10 3
this year is the year for apple,they either innovate and rise or they die
97. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:48 3 1
Ah huh? lol? Nokia has pulled this off 4 times now in the last 40 years. They have been able to suffer through revenue drops and unpopular branding and STILL be able to climb back on top as king, theres a possibility of them doing this again, something that not too many comapnies can pull off.
121. rusticguy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:54 1 0
Nokia surviving of M$ COUPONS currently ... :)
124. Timmehor posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:27 1 0
No not really, most people just think Nokia are all phones, but really they own the biggest GPS company Navteq (Used by Garmin, Toyota, etc) and the 3rd largest communications network Nokia Siemens. They have large amounts of money into scientific research for technology (Graphene, Nano-technology, etc), they also partly own their Luxury phone subsidiary Vertu. So no, they down survive off Microsoft Coupons....
48. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:32 9 3
The way he's so pisset of at the success of Android and Samsung, he is so jealous. Sales are tumbling even further for Apple™®©
117. techspace posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:51 0 0
exactly, its time for apple to increase the standards once again.......
patent wars didn't work for them, its time to create new categories and try to save their brand name
3. sorcio46 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:28 5 2
If they put it to this side...
Let's talk about their fake updates: where is Siri on the iPhone 4 and the turn by turn navigation, where are the app updates for the iPhones 3G and 3Gs?
10. Hemlocke posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:33 4 9
The 3G and 3GS are from 2009. Did the Nexus One get ICS? The 3GS got iOS 6. The Nexus S didn't get anything JB, yet the iPhone 4 is on the newest iOS. There are a few features missing, some of them hardware related (Missing mics on pre-4S for Siri), but that is better than being left completely behind. Last month was the first month that Android 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 deployment even equal Gingerbread, which came out almost three years ago.
15. ghostnexus posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:40 8 0
Even though the 3GS got iOS6 there where features that made iOS6 that weren't included. Its like upgrading an android phone to 4.1 but not putting in project butter.
26. sorcio46 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:50 12 0
Exactly, Apple is disgusting with their fake updates
34. blingblingthing posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:56 5 0
Not to mention iOS on a whole is like windows xp with service pack 7.
Same ole same ole with some new features.
27. sorcio46 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:52 3 1
Gingerbread < ICS + JB (4.x.x)
And this one will increase the gap
30. JonBjSig posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:52 8 1
"The Nexus S didn't get anything JB"
Yes, it did.
The Nexus S got updated to 4.1.2.
66. JunBringer posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:38 2 0
A lot of this "fragmentation" is partly due to carriers in the US thinking the have the right to control the phones and software on their network. Verizon being the worst. Thus why I bought a Nexus 4 straight from Google.
74. networkdood posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:47 2 0
IOS 6 on the 3gs model is a joke, as many people report the phone to be sluggish.
110. Cicerone posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:28 0 0
Stupid! iPhone 2, 3GS and 4 are not runing apps that I bought before from AppStore. The 2 is dead at ios 3.X and the rest is still accepting ios 6 with limitation. But you run ios 6 on 3GS and 4? Is a crapp (crassh, slow etc.). I stay with ios 5.x. The only thing smooth is the antique joke interface.
P.S. I own the 3 above. I stop there and I am looking for Android change on smartphone. I already own a S advance and a Nexus 7. I think I know what I'm saying!
118. techspace posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:00 0 0
ios 6 was a little buggy but the ios 6.1 made the older idevices faster, even the apps and games are running really well........faster than on ios 5.x
if you own an idevice, just update it now
5. SleepingOz posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:29 14 5
"When you take an Android device out of the box, you have to sign up to nine accounts with different vendors to get the experience iOS comes with,"
"And turning to the Samsung Galaxy S 4 specifically, Schiller said that it will launch with a year old OS (Android 4.1) that will need to be updated. "
OMG, this guy definitely don't know what BS he's talking about.
Ah butthurt hater everywhere, everywhere! Smh..
8. sorcio46 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:32 6 0
How do they know that it will be launched with Android 4.1.x?
13. SleepingOz posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:37 8 2
Magic crystal ball, dude.. Magic crystal ball!
51. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:40 0 0
45. Mxgmubashir posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:18 1 0
he is having an octopus to choose between 4.1 and 4.2
21. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:43 2 1
When you think about it Apple offer more services on their iOS system, too bad some of them aren't well made (Maps).
7. Edmund posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:30 2 10
He's correct though. I'll sit back now and wait for the barrage of butt-hurt android fanboys.
65. clark posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:33 3 2
you and Schiller are the butt-hurt fanboys. Just accept the fact that iOS is nothing nowadays. Hating will not lead you to sucess.
95. jroc74 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:35 1 0
Ahh....but no mention from him that Apple users were very happy with Google Maps coming back and the update after Apple tried their maps experiment...
He isnt correct. He's just trying to make his company's product look better, thats his job. But he isnt correct.
Whose to say all iPhone users use their phone the same? So how does he know one would have to sign up for 9 accounts with different vendors for the iOS experience....as he puts it. He sounds like a fanboy.
9. bayusuputra posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:33 13 3
That two year old OS is still better than the recently launched iOS 6.1
12. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:34 10 3
Phil STFU and update ios7. Then go buy a treadmill, and use it. Android has made bigger strides in its existence than iOS has in its existence. Yes due to various skins its harder to update android n a timely fashion, and the hardware quickly gets outdated for the software, but android is making the bigger strides. Stop attacking android, and attack iOS PHIL!!!!!!
18. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:43 13 1
Truth is truth. I like iOS, we all know that, but to attack android when iOS has its own issues is weak. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, or a walled garden.
76. networkdood posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:48 1 0
Wow, I love your last sentence.
78. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:51 0 0
Man! Thank God you stop mentioning the name of your device! :P
Would've been handy here you know...haha.
Must be tempting hah?
86. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:04 0 1
Note 2 just for you Nathan lol
89. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Mar 2013, 21:13 0 0
Lol...me loves that device.
33. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:53 1 1
"Dark? What did you do with Dark?"
Hilarious dude Lmao. +1
23. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:45 9 1
Oz I've said it a million times, I'm not a fanboy I'm a techie, and will not hesitate to call apple out when they are wrong... Him attacking android when iOS needs a bath is WAYYY wrong. I like the platform, but lets be honest...Phil needs to get his house in order before he "attacks" android.
52. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 19:43 0 2
Wtf is that Darkjedi.....?
I wonder whats wrong with him today....?
What's the big idear