Apple examined Nike sports watches in the mid 2000's
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 17:44 posted on
Apple SVP of Industrial Design Jony Ive had ordered boxes of a Nike sports watch in the 2000's in order to study the materials and to see how the watches were manufactured; this all comes as it becomes more and more clearer that Apple is going to introduce a smartwatch later this year, that has been dubbed the Apple iWatch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2106; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung examined Apple phones in the late 2000s.
5. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You're about as funny as you are stupid.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2106; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You have as much sense for sarcasm as for normal human conversation.
11. Commentator (Posts: 2324; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
So... does that mean he's both really funny AND stupid... or really unfunny and NOT stupid...? Either way, you both insult and compliment him at the same time.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7641; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's only corporate and Bone. I'm sure Bone isn't here to compliment himself.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
But Apple examined all others like LG/Sony etc in first half of decade :)
3. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Nike should sue Apple, because Nike was Apple's inspiration.
31. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Correction Apple will sue Nike and patent the rectangle of the dial
4. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"Former Nike Creative Director Scott Wilson sent the watches to Ive and thought that they were being used by Apple as gifts for its employees."
Silly Nike, your first clue should've been the word "gift". apple doesn't do free under any circumstance. They will, however, steal your ideas and reverse engineer it.
6. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I used to sell Nike watches. If Apple wants to base the tech off of Nike for the "iWatch", they aren't really doing anything impressive.
There's a reason Nike got out of the general watch business, and if you look, the only active model Nike still sells is the one with GPS built-in.
And, if Apple bases a watch off the Presto line using the same materials and design, get ready to have a truckload of them go bad, because one out of two Presto watches cracked on the straps and casings.
18. Droiddoes (unregistered)
As if anything apple has ever done was impressive lol
29. Commentator (Posts: 2324; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Like becoming the most valuable company in history.
8. Slammer (Posts: 965; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I guess this explains why analysts feel the Apple watch will be a six billion dollar business. They will make Nike quality watches and sell them at Rolex prices.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7641; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Am I the only one that thinks the I watch is a total flop?
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7641; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If I wanted to check the time, I can just pull out my phone. If I wanted to check where a place is located at, I would open GMaps (Apple Maps? Hell no!) If I wanted to answer a call, I would again, use my phone. Everything on a screen less than 3" is not even possible for me anymore. 4.5+ is the way to go!
14. Commentator (Posts: 2324; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If I want to do all those things, and it's a year from now when the iWatch will be out, I'll look straight ahead and use my Google Glass.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7641; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Exactly. I honestly would dish out $400 for Google Glass.
19. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
apple is going to copied then going to patent what they copied.. that's just the way they go
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6196; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yep and more law suits too follow
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7641; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They examine and give 0 s---- about anyone when they file for patents.
25. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I have a feeling we are gonne see Braun + Apple Reloaded...
26. Aeires (unregistered)
Good old Ive, copies Braun and Nike. Can't wait to see what he comes up with for iOS7.
28. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
So....we are gonna have iWatch vs Google Glasses for the next innovative thing from Apple and Google.
Hate to say it....but an iWatch would get better accepted, have a better chance at success than the Glasses.... Watch vs glasses?