Apple enlists Samuel L Jackson and Zooey Deschanel for iPhone ads
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 23:03 posted on
It's been a while since Apple has anyone even approaching celebrity status appear on-screen in a commercial, usually the company relegates its celebrity power to voice-over work, or musical accompaniment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Ah, Zoey Deschanel the quriky hot. Looks so good then you realize you wont be able to shut her the hell up. Hit it and quit it FTW.
21. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I know of a least one awesome way to shut her up...
4. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Wow - Apple is getting desperate
I'm tired of the lack of mother****in widgets on my mother****in iPhone!!!
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How exactly is Apple getting desperate
8. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Seriously hahahah. Samsung made a commercial revolving around iphone users to promote their sgs2. THATS desperate.
12. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Its craapple who have always been desperate. Remember the mac vs PC commercial? And they have always been bitching about people copying them, ever since the company started, pathetic losers.What Samsung have done in recent times with those iPhone related commercial doesn't compare to how low apple have gone.
18. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Samsung used model from iPhone 4s for tab advertisement model? That's more sound desperated
7. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
If making commercials shows desperation, then almost every company must be desperate dontcha think? i dont personally think apple needs to make celebrity commercials, as i think it does show pompousness, but it is far from desperation
and personally i am quite happy without widgets… maybe some people want them, but thats what android is for
22. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
finally someone talking sense. sir, +1 for you sir.
11. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Damn, someone beat me to the Snakes on a Plane quote...
6. -box- (Posts: 3858; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Zooey was cute in Hitchhikers Guide, but since then she has been a one-trick pony, absurdly quirky in unappealing ways. I thought with New Girl she'd revamp herself, but it is even worse. Besides, her sister Emily (Dr Brennan on Bones) is much prettier, an almost-MILF, if you'll pardon the crudity of the term.
Jackson lost any claims to bad-@$$ery when he did the Star Wars prequels. Twirling a prop on a green screen does not a bad-@$$ make.
I think the most compelling spokespersons are those with good voices for communicating info, that sound interesting and knowledgeable, such as Lawrence Fishburne for Cadillac (even though I don't like the product the ads are good), the Mad Men guy for Lincoln, or, honestly, Carly for T-Mobile. She does quirky appealingly, and even her radio spots are distinctive.
Personally, the spokespersons can go. They are PAID ACTORS. They may not even care about the product as long as they get paid. Show the product doing what it is meant for (Samsung Note ads, for instance), tell me where I can get more info or go experience it myself, and base pricing, and I am good.
10. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
LMAO, you think Zooey's sister is prettier? You must be one of those guys that like old looking dried up women...can't hate on that, but you are insane if you think that she is better looking that Zooey. Zooey's soft looking features and captivating eyes and very smooth shape.
Sam Jackson is bad ass period, no one can cuss and make you take notice at the same time as this guy, a bit of a movie whore as he's been in everything, I swear. Badass is being able to play your role and get paid money for doing it so well for so damn long....that's bad ass...oh look he's playing another bad ass Nick Fury this summer. Avengers, groan!
Who cares commercials are for getting attention and well mainly attention. Enjoy them, pick at them, make memes out of them, but without them tv would be one long endless stream of crap without bathroom breaks.
14. E.N. (Posts: 2357; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Zoey is prettier, but her sister is hotter. Pretty vs hot basically. Hot is more fun but pretty lasts longer.
16. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
god i thought this was a phone site and you are taking about which actress is hotter than the other? wow.
19. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
i am calm... just surprised this would show up on a phone site.
20. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
9. putes (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Hoo boy... who Apple is kidding... We all know Siri doesn't work as advertised. As a matter of fact there is a pending lawsuit against Apple for this reason.
Hiring some actors to advertise Siri like this sets up Apple for some major parodies and ridicule.
13. saiki4116 (Posts: 358; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
i like Zooey Deschanel..she rocks in yes man...
15. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Just saw the Samuel Jackson one last night. Nick Fury making gazpacho and risotto? I don't buy it.
28. Chakra (Posts: 125; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
You KNOW he's just an actor right - playing roles? LOL... j/k
24. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I will bend her over and atack her with my evil lightsaber.
25. brikz4real (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Dec 2008)
Ha Haaaaa. Perfect.
"Yes, Google deserved to DIE!!! AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!"
Hate the phone, love the ads.
27. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
I lol'd in one of the Samsung GALAXY SII celebrity-endorsed commercials. Hilarious.
29. Chakra (Posts: 125; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
So the message I'm getting is that, "if I buy an iPhone, i'll be alone and talking on my phone for company"? Seems like a worst fate than being the cat-lady, or cat-dude. HAHA