Apple drops out of top five smartphone makers in China
0. phoneArena 08 Nov 2012, 03:58 posted on
Chinese smartphone makers have phased off Apple from the top five phone makers in the world’s most populous nation…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. dickwyn (Posts: 595; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I've heard most of the brands in the list except coolpad
7. phil2n (Posts: 473; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Metro PCs got coolpad.
i google it hehehe
i also dont know this brand
18. dickwyn (Posts: 595; Member since: 07 May 2012)
oh,i wonder how they came up with the name coolpad
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Maybe they "THUNK" the pads are cool! :D
4. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Of course, they're Chinese they know how to use their money wisely
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1086; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I got a song for Apple....
"Na na na na...Na na na na...hey hey GoodBye!"
And good riddence too :)
6. jove39 (Posts: 1302; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yeah...what eo expect "...While most smartphones in the country of over a billion sell for between $70 and $120, the iPhone 4S is priced at the whopping $713 off contract."
8. phil2n (Posts: 473; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
its a good news that apple not actually hypnotized all races.
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Thx for the moderation. Interestingly, Chinese customers often have two (or more) contracts and many prefer using dual-sim devices, the availability of such products have a major impact on the success of certain brands.
14. mercorp (Posts: 971; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Thumbs up for xiaomi!
bring these phones to the world!
(just make sure you aley all potential issues).
17. xfire99 (Posts: 539; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Apple will never succes in Asia, with theirs overprized iDevices and peoples are smarter there. They know whats value for the money. :)
19. Aeires (unregistered)
People can make fun of cheap phones all they want, it gets market share and takes away purchases from more expensive models. Apple thinks they can use the US model of pricing in China and this shows it doesn't work. Doubt they'll ever figure it out.
24. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
You get 400 dollars less than what you pay for.
27. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Most people know that, that's why many people switched to Android and Win8 phones quietly.
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1610; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Overpaying doesn't make you smart or the product any better. I could buy a piece of toast that looks like Jesus for $1000 on ebay. Now tell me that is a good deal?