Apple developers installing iOS 7 beta in record numbers
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 11:07 posted on
Web site optimizer OnSwipe has been keeping track of the number of iOS 7 powered Apple iPads that have been visiting its sites; as of July 1st, .28% of Apple iPad units that have visited an OnSwipe site had the iOS 7 beta installed. As of June 17th, the percentage of Apple iPhones that visited an OnSwipe site wearing the iOS 7 beta was .77%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DaNTRoN (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I don't know if it's all really devs. A lot of people just pay apple and download it to get iOS 7. A lot of my co workers as well as customers I talk to do this.
23. sharifsumit (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
so what's ur point ? meaning those who downloded they simply loved new ios even they had to pay :d
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1722; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
just intregued by new IOS7 make people do some freaking things
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
His point is that not everyone who has installed iOS 7 beta is developer.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 7799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iOS 7 looks pretty good. Looking forward to using it
14. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I was watching andriesen's review of iOS 7 on ip4.. quite disaapointing. Lagging, glitches and slow. Well I hope they will fix it in the final version.
What are your views?
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 7799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iOS 7 is too much to run smooth on an i4. That's a single core 800MHZ CPU with 256MB of RAM, and it's only beta 2. One of my regular passengers is a dev , and he has it running on his i5. I've toyed around with it, and can honestly say its been flawless. He says it lags just a little, as a beta should, but I saw none. I think it's gonna run a lot smoother on the new hardware.
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
So whats the point of releasing iOS7 for ip4 users if it will lag.
I don't think so apple will release a laggy OS for their phones. It will affect their reputation.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 7799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well it'll be optimized for each phones hardware that's it's gonna be available for. The i4 obviously won't get all the features.
21. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I agree with you. Lets see what will they bring in the final release.
What features do you think are still missing in iOS?
1. Mass storage
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 7799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes, and widgets, app drawer, and that's about it.
26. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
2. Bluetooth/Airdrop for all iPhone models (4,4s,5)
25. haseebzahid (Posts: 1722; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so there are low end iphone coming i heard with IOS7 it should handle it quite well then why not ip4
7. MartianMe (unregistered)
of course they're excited ... ios7 looks just like android now... what's next apple ??? you're going to have widgets in the home screen and call it original???
9. illusionmist (Posts: 71; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
It's funny because Apple did not claim iOS 7 to be original... you did.
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 440; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
How is that Android BlackBerry knockoff working out for you?
10. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
They have to pay for..Beta? Wow, what a racket
11. affandi (Posts: 77; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Of course people are curious about the first redesign in 6 years.. and the next redesign is coming as soon as 2019, cant wait.
16. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 440; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
iWork for iCloud Beta is now available, too.