Apple debuts new iPad ad during the Academy Awards telecast
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 08:41 posted on
Back in 2007, the first commercial for the Apple iPhone was aired during the Academy Awards showing a number of ways telephones were answered in the movies; now just a short six years later and we have a new ad debuting for the Apple iPad, a product that was not around-at least not in a finished form-when the first ad for the Apple iPhone got everyone's attention...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and the Oscar for the best 'timing' goes to the iPad.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 14132; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They'd also get the Oscar for most successful tablet. There's no reason to dog em for a tv spot, it's what companies do. Advertise during big events, Sammy had the Super Bowl, apple the oscars. It's big business bro.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's business indeed...business indeed.
But some don't do business this way...and still, they're still successful.
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
hello and bye apple
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Iacademy. They play their ad so much last night i stop watching the award
13. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
now we say hell no to apple..................lol
6. Fallout09 (Posts: 420; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm sorry but Apple ads now officially suck. I use to love the Apple/PC guy commercials... Apple marketing team has lost their touch.
12. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
its an iPad, not a mac/PC. what do you know about ads? you're the one that 'officially suck'...apple always been successful in their ads that many even copy them.
8. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Sure they haven't fallout09. I don't really like commercials but that ipad commercial is catchy. Give credit where it's due!
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
In 2007 people learned to say Hello on their phone.
In 2008 and since the T-mobile G1 they learned to do everything else on it.
14. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
LMAO @ apple. What better way to cement the fact that their tech sucks, refuses to evolve, and they have NOTHING on the horizon whic is why instead of attended MWC and actual electronics/tech events they pander to the simple masses who watch "pretty people" getting awards for playing pretend (acting).
15. ZeroCide (Posts: 707; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I saw that comercial. I thought it was the same old ipad.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
u mean its the same old ipad commercial like the same old boring design
20. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Again, nothing to tell the consumer how the product stands apart from the competition, because it does not. Apple needs better commercials. At least Samsung shows you what their products do.