Apple counts down to 50 billion App Store downloads
0. phoneArena 02 May 2013, 18:31 posted on
Apple is going to reward the person who is lucky enough to make the 50 billionth app download with the winner getting a $10,000 App Store gift card and who ever downloads the next 50 apps after the 50 billionth app will each receive a $500 Apple App Store gift card; with 49.2 billion apps already in the can, only 800 million more downloads until the magic number is reached...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It reminds me one of these scam advertisements which says: "Congratulations you win!!! You are 50 000 000 000 visitor, please click here to receive your iPhone." :D
3. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The big difference here being that it's, you know, not a scam.
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Apple commercials already is scam, so who knows, maybe it is also just a scam.
2. tbacba (Posts: 56; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
A $10,000 gift card, PLUS a Galaxy S4. Now that would be a contest!
5. illusionmist (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
There are also music, movies, TV shows, and books. Besides you can keep those credits as long as you want.
7. Sauce (Posts: 729; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Look at all you haters. Jealous because Google Play will never have as many apps and as much popularity as the AppStore. On top of the fact that Google Play will never freely give away $10,000 to a random downloader.