Apple counts down to 50 billion App Store downloads
In March of 2012, Apple rewarded the person who downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store, also with a $10,000 gift card. The winner of that countdown contest was Chunli Fu of Qingdao, China. Fu, who had proclaimed at the time that she was not a fan of Apple products, had her iPhone for just one month before her fateful download of Disney's Where's My Water? made her the big winner.
source: Apple via TUAW
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It reminds me one of these scam advertisements which says: "Congratulations you win!!! You are 50 000 000 000 visitor, please click here to receive your iPhone." :D
3. stealthd (Posts: 753; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The big difference here being that it's, you know, not a scam.
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Apple commercials already is scam, so who knows, maybe it is also just a scam.
2. tbacba (Posts: 54; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
A $10,000 gift card, PLUS a Galaxy S4. Now that would be a contest!
5. illusionmist (Posts: 71; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
There are also music, movies, TV shows, and books. Besides you can keep those credits as long as you want.
7. Sauce (Posts: 448; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Look at all you haters. Jealous because Google Play will never have as many apps and as much popularity as the AppStore. On top of the fact that Google Play will never freely give away $10,000 to a random downloader.