Apple could have problems obtaining iWatch trademark in some countries, including the U.S.
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2013, 00:14 posted on
Over the last week, Apple's regional attorneys have been on a Tasmanian Devil-like whirlwind tour of countries, filing trademarks for the iWatch; this is expected to be the name of Apple's upcoming smartwatch. So far, it has been smooth sailing for Apple in places like Mexico, Japan and Russia. But when Apple gets around to the U.S.,China and U.K., there might be some difficulties...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Perhaps Apple should try something truly revolutionary - call it the Apple Watch. Or, the iPod Timekeeper?
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They have problem with trademark because they are super predictable.
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
The ipod timekeeper is a great name. +1 sir.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 974; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple need only too patent its "iWatch" name in the U.S.A., and it will be synonyms for that type of product in the whole industry. Every wristband watch in the world be it LG, HTC, Foxconn, Samsung, etc... Will be subconsciously known as a iWatch! ;)
In any other country let them call it what they want. It's a iWatch.
11. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Perhaps they should consider iTime as in, "what aWaste of iTime."
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hope they don't sell it to Apple!
6. lyndon420 (Posts: 1450; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Call it the 'NanoS'. The S is for the strap upgrade and the culmination of 100 engineers hard work.
8. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Thats all I've got. Not many synonyms for watch.
9. almostdone (Posts: 75; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
How about iToy?
We all know the watch will be useless.
10. Cyberchum (Posts: 174; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
iTime, iWristphone. Apple is running out of iNnovative names lol.
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
How about iSuckAtNamingProducts. Apple, you rode the "i" long and hard. Now let's stop putting the letter "i" in front of everything and give it a name. Either that or iStart patenting everything with an "i" iFront of iT. iTable, iChair, iGlasses, iShower...
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Trying too take/steal a name again apple? Learn too come up with your own name instead.
17. TBomb (Posts: 75; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
the problem i see with a smart watch is no one wears watches anymore... and i dont see the watch doing anything a smartphone cant do in my pocket. Any technology put into this watch will be put into a phone... and i doubt the watch is going to replace phones.
18. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Would make a good gps running watch if teamed up with runkeeper or other app. Bundle it with some bluetooth headphones and very amateur runners will love it to run to music..
Would be good it it could take a prepaid sim so you don't have to carry your cellphone with you. You only need a phone for emergencies when running anyway.
19. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 21; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Now thats an idea. Bluetooth ear piece, smartwatch w/advanced functions,nfc,wifi, and google glasses- sun glasses for summer. And looxic cam attached. Yeah...