Apple copied us with gold Apple iPhone 5s hints Samsung
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2013, 00:34 posted on
Just a few days ago, Samsung announced that it would offer a gold Samsung Galaxy S4 model; this brought Apple fans to their collective feet, claiming that Samsung had copied the gold Apple iPhone 5s. The timing looked ad for the Korean based OEM. After all, just last week Apple asked its partners to increase production of the gold iPhone 5s by 33% because of strong demand for the unit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
37. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well i beleive i really cant say anymore.....people its a freaking colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
76. darkkjedii (Posts: 9281; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude you're absolutely right, but this is fanboyism at its worse. +1
40. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
At that time samsung was making refrigerators lol
41. Quezdagreat (Posts: 386; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Go home samsung you're drunk. Oh and plastic gold? Eww
45. Jaeel (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Combining a rarity like gold with mass produced, short life span consumer electronics = about as tasteless as anything can be (ok, you could still top it off by adding diamonds to the mix).
46. power_x (Posts: 184; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Does that mean that Samsung will sue apple for just a color ?
47. Edmasterog (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
It doesnt matter who copies who. What matters is who makes more money from it.
48. amats69 (Posts: 828; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Deym man! How horrible the samsung phones before! They improve the design after apple releases the iphone...lol
54. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Can I say it? Honestly gold is a horrible color to use for a device that's already attractive to thiefs, it will either remain on a case or will simply just stand out too much making you a target... No thank you! Keep the gold in jewelry
56. AfterShock (Posts: 1282; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Myself, still prefer a black phone.
Bling does nothing but show ones vanity.
57. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
You guys are all stupid, gold is a COLOR, not some f*cking innovative claim to fame, Samsung isn't making a gold phone to copy Apple just as Apple isn't trying to copy Samsung's previous models. The iPhone is typically seen as a fashion statement, so naturally, gold is a color that would work for the consumer base. Samsung, playing it SMART has seen that people really appreciate a nice looking phone and is probably just testing the waters.
62. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 165; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I wonder if Apple will tread the waters of appliance manufacturing. Then Samsung can show a timeline of its white and steel-faced appliances after Apple sells more. The flame war will spill over into the aisles of Home Depot, Lowes, and other retailers. Also, I would love to have an iFridge.
66. papss (Posts: 3439; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
For freak sake... Who gives a rats a$$ about a freaking color... I do know that if SS makes a gold color phone it would be the ugliest tent of gold and be hyper glaze shiny... Seriously who would buy it?at least the apple Gold is sort of classy looking, not that I would ever buy an iPhone. Also who the hell is SS for using the copy card? They are the leaders of copy.. Heck it's built into their DNA.
75. tedkord (Posts: 3921; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The Apple gold isn't as bad as it could have been, but it's still tacky. The grey is gorgeous
And let's face it, no matter what Samsung does, Apple fans are going to claim they copied it from Apple. Even if Samsung had it years before Apple. They're convinced Air Drop is something Apple innovated.
83. papss (Posts: 3439; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I think both sides love to hate each other tbh... I'm just glad we Nokia fans don't do that.... Oh wait never mind :)
104. tedkord (Posts: 3921; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But we're getting some great commercials out of Nokia. That's a positive.
71. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 724; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Samsung made gold phone before apple,but that was when nobody gives a crap.so 2013 phone wars Begins, apple introduced gold color(champaign).iPhone 5s became popular.so now Samsung is trying to bring back the same color which was on its previous phones...so I'll say apple made it first, remember: there's no such thing as GOLD plastic.
84. tedkord (Posts: 3921; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
People like you will claim Apple did everything first.
73. tedkord (Posts: 3921; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's a color. Who cares who used it first.
88. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I agree with you fully but I think Samsung needs to atleast hide things a bit better for their sake. I'm not saying that to troll either, just they look like followers.
109. tedkord (Posts: 3921; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Every single thing introduced in iOS 7 was in others first, but Samsung look like followers?
110. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
you obviously are a hard core fanboy.
Did you not see what phones looked like from samsung before the iphone? Now you samsung fans are showing some one off gold flip phone from the 90's that nobody ever heard of.
Yes, they are EXTREMELY obvious about following apple with so many things its hard to argue it anymore unless you're a true fanboy.
Samsung ripped 90% of the look of touchwiz from the iphone. Now that they have a strong following they are trying different stuff out.
I actually like samsung, but to say they arent blatantly trying to be apple in the phone industry is ridiculous.
119. VZWuser76 (Posts: 986; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Everyone copies everyone else. Sometimes they've got it first, sometimes not. But either way, ALL of these companies will offer their product with features that are offered by their competition, otherwise their customers might switch to the competition for said features. Sometimes they wait to see the public's reaction to decide if they'll offer them, sometimes they roll the dice. To not do so can be done, but it's risky, just look to Blackberry for an example of that.
121. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
My original point was that they all copy each other. Samsung just needs a way to do it less obviously and immediately
134. darkkjedii (Posts: 9281; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bucky the Sammites are the techie version of Helen Keller, nuff' said bro. +1
157. willard12 (Posts: 549; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Before the iphone, phones looked like the lg prada. I will admit the samsung f700 is about 20 days older than the original iphone. So samsung would have to do some quick copying. Samsung lawyers blocked the f700 from being admitted as evidence in court. Why?
146. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
On other matters... You getting the new iPhone Bucky?
151. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I actually got the space grey 64gb version. I absolutely love it. There is actually not one thing I can fault this phone with. Everything that it does, it's does 100%! I love this phone even upgrading from a 5
153. darkkjedii (Posts: 9281; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 bucky, I have the same one. Great phone, gets right down to business. Super smooth, fast, and responsive. Can't wait till next years model drops.
96. theaztech (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
I really hope Gold doesnt become the new trend, who am i 2chainz.
98. .AppleJack (Posts: 12; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Ok i'm the only one who think that the Plastic Case (In the SGS4) and the Gold are not a good mix :/
100. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
in yo face apple all you got is the court in your hands to do S*** over samsung damn ya'll haters but quite honestly it's normal to hate on the best
106. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Picturing you :
Skinny jeans hanging down to your knees
Shopping with mom for new sweater
108. imkyle (Posts: 948; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Can both of these companies just the f*** up already.
120. taz89 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol is this how pathetic people have becoming arguing over a color lol and sites like pa and other sites are to blame too, i remember reading when the s4 gold was shown it would have some sort of link bait paragraph or title claiming it was a copy of apple so as much as these fanboys are pathetic so are sometimes the writers who instigate it in the beginning. why cant people just be happy with there device and stop arguing about who copied who cause guess what everyone copies in some way or another, it doesn't matter if you copy 1% or 100% if you copy you copy but thats just the way things have always worked, cars,tvs,laptops,sofas,washing machines etc etc and smartphones is no exemption. i wouldnt be surprised if these people when they go to there mates house start arguing about the tv being same shape or color lol
123. Jassu (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
Why u all people are fighting with each other both companies are very proud of themselve on their huge success
124. ammarnadim93 (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Apple and Samsung. Start behaving like adults. Not some 5yrs old fighting for a gold wrapped choclate..
And tha gold S4 was exclusive for a person in UAE. and the ones coming are production models.
I havent seen the golden Iphone 5s. Does it look gold or baeig ?
126. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
But why is this an article? Did Apple patent Gold color also?
139. Altair (Posts: 295; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
143. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 127; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It's ok Samsung, there, there. Let me dry your tears, it's ok, you don't have to explain yourself shhhhh, shhhhh, shhhhh. There...all better??
158. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Honestly does it really matter?
That's like saying GM copied Ford because Ford's black truck came out before Chevrolet's did...
I didn't realize either company invented or discovered the color gold.
164. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 May 2011)
$.99 will buy you a gold paint spray can @ home depot = Samsung