Apple continues to cope with production problems on the new iPad's Retina display
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Apr 2012, 11:48
With production problems still facing the Retina display on the new iPad, Apple is planning on keeping Samsung asa the primary supplier of the panels; according to Ming-Chi Kuo with KGI Securities, the Korean based manufacturer was the only supplier of the display to Apple for all of the first quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 23 Apr 2012, 11:55 21
All I can say is Samsung FTW.. Even iPad is Samsung Inside!! :D
3. cGmC11 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:07 9
Yes...and my iPad 3 have problem with light leak in the botton and the upper sides of the screen that I can see clearly in complete black screen!... AMOLED display for next iPad please!
7. JeffdaBeat posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:40 2
I had this problem with my iPad 2 last year. A lot of the LG panels had this problem and were swapped at the Genius Bar luckily. I didn't think Samsung had the problem...but maybe you got an LG Screen?
8. stealthd posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:43 3
On some models it may just be the adhesive drying. If the light leakage remains after a couple weeks then it's probably defective.
11. the_s2 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:01 3
iPad with AMOLED? no way. I hope sammy never sells its tech to rivals!
13. JeffdaBeat posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:20 2
A good portion of Sumsung's income comes from selling their tech. It would be insanely stupid for them to stop right now...
15. gwuhua1984 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:49 1
Samsung actually held back their tech to some potential rivals. HTC was one of them during the HTC Desire times. Due to Samsung declining to supply AMOLED or overcharging to supplying the tech, most of HTC devices were on SLCDs from Sony. Samsung will stop or give the customer a hard time, if they think whoever they're selling to is a potential threat.
18. quryous (banned) posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:45 0
That AMOLED would be made by Samsung, also. Funny, now that works out.
4. AndroidShiz posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:11 6
Man do I wish Google owned Samsung instead of Motorola. If they didn't give Samsung access to Android, they very well could have bought them out at some point.
6. windowsRocks posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:26 9
Google cant afford buying company like Samsung. Samsung is too big for them
22. groupsacc posted on 23 Apr 2012, 19:27 1
You are partially right. No, Google can't buy the whole Samsung Group, but they can buy Samsung Mobile division.
5. kshell1 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:24 2
All i can say is apple should have just stuck with 1920x1080 of course they are to stubborn to change their aspect ratio.
9. theoak posted on 23 Apr 2012, 12:53 0
All the apps would have to change then. They were kind of forced to keep 4:3.
19. quryous (banned) posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:47 0
Actually, it is more like they are STUCK with the 4:3 display in spite of a desperate need to modernize.
12. mas11 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:08 2
So Apple has been taking credit for Samsung's amazing display. So how is Apple more innovative?
16. mas11 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:21 1
Haha actually a Motorola fan, hence the DROID eye as my pic. I think Apple is really good at refining ideas, but they aren’t very original. And they take credit for others work. Like when they took android’s notification bar and when they took the mouse from Xerox. But they often make those products work better and build a popular brand. Unfortunately they lack open development and their "one size fits all" approach doesn't work for me.
21. hutty24 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 16:26 1
Your dumb.sent from my galaxy nexus droids suck to by the way
23. mas11 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 20:29 0
Dude the OG DROID made Android popular. Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, but I prefer the DROID line.
24. xtian1103 posted on 24 Apr 2012, 11:40 0
so why can't samsung tablets match the retina display (which they made for apple) on their own products. i guess samsung display really values the confidentiality of their contract with apple, even samsung mobile which is their sister company caught left handed when ipad2 retina display was released.
25. thelegend6657 posted on 25 Apr 2012, 02:07 0
I want to see android with retina display (tablet ) . Android catch up so slowly , I am an iFan but I want real iPad rivals