Apple continues to cope with production problems on the new iPad's Retina display
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2012, 11:48 posted on
With production problems still facing the Retina display on the new iPad, Apple is planning on keeping Samsung asa the primary supplier of the panels; according to Ming-Chi Kuo with KGI Securities, the Korean based manufacturer was the only supplier of the display to Apple for all of the first quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
All I can say is Samsung FTW.. Even iPad is Samsung Inside!! :D
3. cGmC11 (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Yes...and my iPad 3 have problem with light leak in the botton and the upper sides of the screen that I can see clearly in complete black screen!... AMOLED display for next iPad please!
7. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I had this problem with my iPad 2 last year. A lot of the LG panels had this problem and were swapped at the Genius Bar luckily. I didn't think Samsung had the problem...but maybe you got an LG Screen?
8. stealthd (Posts: 966; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
On some models it may just be the adhesive drying. If the light leakage remains after a couple weeks then it's probably defective.
11. the_s2 (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
iPad with AMOLED? no way. I hope sammy never sells its tech to rivals!
13. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
A good portion of Sumsung's income comes from selling their tech. It would be insanely stupid for them to stop right now...
15. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Samsung actually held back their tech to some potential rivals. HTC was one of them during the HTC Desire times. Due to Samsung declining to supply AMOLED or overcharging to supplying the tech, most of HTC devices were on SLCDs from Sony. Samsung will stop or give the customer a hard time, if they think whoever they're selling to is a potential threat.
18. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That AMOLED would be made by Samsung, also. Funny, now that works out.
4. AndroidShiz (Posts: 145; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Man do I wish Google owned Samsung instead of Motorola. If they didn't give Samsung access to Android, they very well could have bought them out at some point.
6. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Google cant afford buying company like Samsung. Samsung is too big for them
22. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
You are partially right. No, Google can't buy the whole Samsung Group, but they can buy Samsung Mobile division.
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
All i can say is apple should have just stuck with 1920x1080 of course they are to stubborn to change their aspect ratio.
9. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
All the apps would have to change then. They were kind of forced to keep 4:3.
19. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Actually, it is more like they are STUCK with the 4:3 display in spite of a desperate need to modernize.
12. mas11 (Posts: 1029; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So Apple has been taking credit for Samsung's amazing display. So how is Apple more innovative?
16. mas11 (Posts: 1029; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Haha actually a Motorola fan, hence the DROID eye as my pic. I think Apple is really good at refining ideas, but they aren’t very original. And they take credit for others work. Like when they took android’s notification bar and when they took the mouse from Xerox. But they often make those products work better and build a popular brand. Unfortunately they lack open development and their "one size fits all" approach doesn't work for me.
21. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Your dumb.sent from my galaxy nexus droids suck to by the way
23. mas11 (Posts: 1029; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Dude the OG DROID made Android popular. Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, but I prefer the DROID line.
24. xtian1103 (Posts: 358; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
so why can't samsung tablets match the retina display (which they made for apple) on their own products. i guess samsung display really values the confidentiality of their contract with apple, even samsung mobile which is their sister company caught left handed when ipad2 retina display was released.
25. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I want to see android with retina display (tablet ) . Android catch up so slowly , I am an iFan but I want real iPad rivals