Apple chooses 3 companies to meet production needs for iPad 3 Retina Display
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2011, 12:50 posted on
According to DigiTimes, Apple has elected to use SHarp, LG, and Samsung to ensure it will have enough volume to produce the high-resolution Retina Display panels it wants for the iPad 3. Volume shipment is reported be approaching 2 million a month, with assembly of the finished product to start as soon as January...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You love being first even when you're second.
20. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I bet if you didn't write first you would've been first
3. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
It's gonna be legend wait for it... Wait for it.... dary!!!
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
soo apple is using a samsung, lg or sharp display in the ipad 3? keyword SAMSUNG wtf they sue then they go to samsung for help with their displays
10. iDroidx650 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 May 2010)
Samsung Mobile is separate from Samsungs manufacturing business.
8. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 267; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
enough with the word retina. ive had enough with these silly complex words... it might work on your average isheeep and other uneducated cronies, but not on me.
9. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Would you rather it be called jellybeans?
11. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
that would be cool, jellybean display. everything you see would be in jelly vision. 0_0
15. TheStig (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
If "Retina" is a complex word for some folks, I can only imagine what Otolaryngology means to him.
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
He's a fandroid. Anything over two syllables is a little hard on him.
22. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Use polysyllabic and the rest of us will know what you mean.
14. deago78 (Posts: 157; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Allow me to make an equally uneducated comment: You're dumb.
17. jdcxxx (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
It will probably need a more powerful processor along with more ram to support the beefed up resolution. I wonder how it will affect the battery life
19. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I hope a bigger battery comes along as well.
23. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Probably a smaller and lighter battery but better battery technology. Apple has been working on battery technology for a long time.
21. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Battery life has been a focus for Apple with the iPad in the past, so I doubt they would allow it to drop too much, if at all.
24. jacko (unregistered)
apple is always behind in tech why do u think they copy
to get the res of a retina display it would have to have around
2600p X 1800p on its 9.7inch to get 326ppi notice i said around so i dont see that happening
25. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Behind in tech? yes and no. In some things they're ahead in tech. And in some things behind.