Apple called "arrogant" in report detailing purchase of Beats Audio
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 22:46 posted on
Why would Apple be forced to pay $3 billion for Beats Audio? According to a report issued Thursday, Apple's arrogance got the better of it as iTunes Radio management ignored the competition to such a degree, that some inside the division did not know that Spotify was a subscription service. But Apple engineers knew all about Spotify, preferring to use it instead of their own iTunes Radio during their free time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Steve Jobs didn't think Android was a threat when he first saw it either.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5783; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Even with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine 'on board', it remains to be seen whether Apple actually listens to them. The 'tone deaf' comment was telling. In another time long ago, GM purchased EDS to get Ross Perot on board to breathe an innovative spirit into GM. What failure that exercise was.
Apple needs to lose some of its arrogance if it wants to have a market leader position in streaming digital radio. Iovine and Dre can contribute, but only if they get the support from Apple senior management. Whether they really have the support or not is the $3 billion question.
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1149; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Beats Headphones aren't worth more than the LA Clippers basketball Team. And for sure won't generate more income than the Clippers either. O.o
20. techperson211 (Posts: 651; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Being arrogant took a hit on apple. Even the engineer do not listened to iTunes . Maybe they're not using iPhone as well ? Just saying.
2. tettech (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
When a company looses its grooves and other kick-starter companies are gaining steam, its time to refine the business strategies.
13. Augustine (Posts: 719; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Or rather, as history demonstrated at the rise of Apple, Intel and Microsoft, the companies of the previous era cannot adapt, whether due to lack of vision or plenty of hubris or both, and dwindle out of existence.
3. wilsong17 (Posts: 909; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
lol i guess is time google buy spotify and combine it with google music and rock apple word
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5783; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That would cause the boys at Apple to have to change their underwear.
4. fzacek (Posts: 1673; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No duh "the Apple coolness is fading away!" Like 9 out of 10 teenagers have iPhones, so you're actually the cool guy on the block if you have an Android phone...
7. wilsong17 (Posts: 909; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
lol only high school teen trying to impress girls with over price phone and usually are poor one showing off
21. Ashoaib (Posts: 2096; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Rightly said... my subordinates cant afford to buy an iphone because it is equal to their one month salary but still I noticed most of them have latest iphone... while on the other hand I or my peers can easily offord to buy any latest iteration of iphone but I deem it wastage of money to purchase such an under specs phone... this is very strange that those who should have difficulty buying iphone are buying it...
6. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Apple's $3B gamble...
Grab the popcorn and watch now as Google goes after Spotify and MS shoots for either Slacker or Pandora...
8. wilsong17 (Posts: 909; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
that is what im thinking with 40 million user using google server maximum speed
16. engineer-1701d (Posts: 955; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Slacker is with samsung milk music, they would have to do pandora
11. MrNobodyWTB (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Beats audio is horrible, anyone who appreciates listening to music how it was meant to be heard stays away. I will never buy a product with beats attached to it.. I actually was planning on eventually picking up a 2nd phone for the sake of having an iPhone, that's not happening now, and I'm not really unhappy about that.
12. wilsong17 (Posts: 909; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
bro is iphone 6 with built beats audio for 800 is a nice deal
14. fzacek (Posts: 1673; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
$800 for 16GB iPhone 6 sounds about right...
17. tedkord (Posts: 4776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Beats is horrible, but Apple could improve them.
25. OnlyOneGio (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
You dont have to buy. there are alot of others who will and apple wont go broke because of you wont be buying. Just look for a better reason for not buying cause eather way you look at it, "beats" is an improvement.
15. skyline88 (Posts: 319; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
typical for majority of American big companies and corporations:
3） high ego
iJunk itself is already terrible enough standing hopelessly behind the mighty Android and Windows, and now they gonna match it with the dreadful Beats Audio.
good luck Tim Cook, now your fruit is Cooked.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2096; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Note 4 is coming but what it will do??? nothing! Samsung doesnt pay much focus on music in their phones... just listen, their speaker sound is average, headphones sound is average not significantly better than other flagships
19. aaronix (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
apple has started war by buying beats, we wait and see who will win this war.
23. techloverNYC (Posts: 404; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
$3Billion for apple is just loose changes in their pocket. Ppl are really over reacting. With they massive cash supply they can buy up any company they want if not for the federal regulations. Nobody is calling out amazon or facebook for buying stupid companies, why apple?
24. Sid91 (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 May 2014)
I believe Apple is losing the plot, this would have worked in 2008 but the way technology is evolving by the second unless apple becomes flexible to change they are going to go the same way as nokia,
28. SIGPRO (Posts: 446; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Apple+Beats..............they think it's a win win situation, but eventually it will bite them in the ass.
Beat is not that good and iphones are overpriced, so it will fail!
32. roscuthiii (Posts: 1803; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"Should" fail... By most accounts and indications this deal should end up blowing up in Apple's face. Somehow though they keep turning a plateful of crap into a plateful of crepes.
Just have to wait and see how it plays out this time.
30. Killertech2099 (Posts: 138; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Apple and beats is sh$t, their already taking about switching the headphone jacks and making it like they did to the fast charger so you can't use any headphones but their's . Apple isn't a threat their a garbage bag full of money. They will always want you to use only their products