Apple breaks $600 billion market cap threshold
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2012, 05:05 posted on
For Apple stock, the onslaught of new iPhone and iPad mini rumors is like dope - the shares kept on growing to close at an all time-high…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. twens (Posts: 421; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
You have all this monies yet your Phones are outdated,icrap.
6. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Those who bought these shares would be in huge loss with their new products...!!
iPhone 5 and Mini iPad would be the biggest failure ever in Apple's history..iBet...!!!
2. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
next iPhone announcement --> 4-inch screen --> $800 stock immidiately.
3. Cyan3boN (Posts: 420; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
you can invest this cash on research and bring a better product apple, but look at you, u are so cheap!!!
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is PhoneArena full of Android users?
How come there are 500+ members, but only around 70+ users only comment?
Where are all the iFans, users? There is not a single comment by Apple
12. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I wonder that too. Taco, Gallito don't comment anymore although their ban has been lifted. Gotta admit, Without fanboy's comments, this site starts to become dull.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Absolutely agree! Galli got banned again! U forgot to mention Darkjedi and Cmpunk and Mxzptlk dont comment any more.....
5. MeoCao (unregistered)
Everything that goes up ...
7. whysoserious (Posts: 311; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
How come there are so many people support Apple in the first place? They can't even fix the SMS issue on the iPhone.
If only other Asian mobile companies has this huge amount of money, maybe they could have developed a phone with 500 ppi Hyper Amoled Super HD++ screen or a super camera from Sony that can take pictures in outer space.
19. Astreo (Posts: 98; Member since: 05 May 2011)
LOL the same issue that was reported to be in EVERY phone that uses sms ? mkay.
8. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Well, Aside fron the fact that Apple doesn't deserve this much money as it provides mid-range products at premium price, I would say Congratulations. It is a fine achievement.
Now spend that money wisely. On developing your products.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I just dont understand, whats so special and good about Apple products....
11. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You don't understand because you are focused on technicalities, not social and cultural significance of Apple.
13. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
whether we hate their products, think they're old, think they're cheap, or disagree with their business practices... one thing you have to know and understand as a FACT "apple is just a successful company... point blank period."
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Im thinking when will Apple start to tumble down shares, and price drops to 100?
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nothing that justifies the price. They are only worth maybe half of what apple wants for them. Pretty sure iusers don't like lining the pockets of lawyers constantly.
17. Shino (Posts: 159; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I'm not surprised at all. Apple has now so much money, they can buy all the mobile industry, including Nokia, Samsung and Co, put together. I'm a Nokia fan by default, but since 2008, when I got my first iPhone I can say for sure, that this company is here to stay. I tried android for a year, but no thanks. For a second phone is okay, though. It is just amazing how in just 5-6 years they wiped away the whole mobile industry with only ONE device!
18. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Here in the states i'll agree.. but Americans have always been captivated by shiny things lol. The only thing Apple has done that is amazing is make normal people so focused on a paperweight that they think it actually makes them "better" than others.
20. sudbury78 (Posts: 122; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
once again all android babies posting on apples stories. I wonder where all the people went on July 24 when the stock "disappointed" with its earnings and crumbled to $572 and they all said its over. Not even 30 days later, its at $664 as I type this. Apple is here to stay and is not going anywhere.
As noted today, "greatest company and stock EVER"
21. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Of course Apple ain't going nowhere! It has too much cash to sustain itself for a long time now. Sadly.
22. Aeires (unregistered)
There was a time when people thought Enron was the greatest company ever. Truth of the matter, no company is impervious to failing, even Apple.
23. Seannyc (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
u haters just mad all the andriod and window phone companys compare ain't even worth half as much as Apple. Haters gonna hate but in the real world apple rules.